We went to the beach this week with family in town, and Leda had a too-close encounter with an ornery bee at the beach. I felt so bad for her. No one expects to get stung while playing in the sand and minding their own business. .jpg)
She screamed for a bit, I could tell it really hurt her. I didn't get a pic of that of course...what kind of mom would I be if I had?
At first I was quickly looking around for ice to put on it (had none), until my sister recommended cold/wet sand. Brilliant! Worked like a charm and she immediately stopped screaming..jpg)
What a trooper! She's definately our most emotional child and cries about practically everything, but she really was a big girl during this experience. Shocking!
When it was over she said, "Oh well, the bee is all dead now. It's okay" lol..jpg)
An hour after this bee episode, we lost Leda for only about five minutes (felt longer) when she followed my cousin Daniel to the bathrooms a loong way away and we didn't know it. It was quite honestly the scariest five minutes I've ever experienced. We'd even contacted the lifeguards and had perfect strangers walking up and down the beach for us. When Leda returned with cousin Daniel by the hand, I fell to the ground and sobbed while gripping her in a ginormous bear hug. I literally felt my knees buckle beneath me when I had her in arms. In that short amount of time I'd invisioned these above pictures being the last ones I ever took of Leda. Scary. I do not want to EVER experience that again! Whew!
Friday, July 25, 2008
Leda's first bee sting :(
Posted by Marcy at 9:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
how sad for Leda! she's so cute though. and how scary that you lost her for a few minutes! i always get so freaked out about that!!
Lauren just got so excited and said, "MY FRIEND LEDA!!!" So cute...we lost Lauren for about 5 minutes ago 3 weeks ago at a massive outdoor concert at the park...I was up on the stage scouring the crowd...Andy found her standing off to the side, alone, crying for us...very scary...
Oh my goodness! I teared up hearing about Leda being lost -- that is too scary!!! I'm so so so glad she's ok!
We'll definitely have to do a LR water park get together! That would be so much fun!!!
Aww, poor Leda. I have to say I also teared up when I read Leda was lost. I remember when we were much younger, my Mom took us to the OC Fair and we lost Laura. I remember my Mom just panicking and we ran all over that place trying to find her. We finally found a police officer and luckily the officers had taken her to a safe place. My Mom just collapsed in relief and I remember her crying as Laura was eating an ice cream bar wondering why her Mom was such a wreck, lol. It is my nightmare! I can't even imagine!
Poor Leda and poor mommy!!! Glad everything worked out for the best.
WHAT A DAY AT THE BEACH! So sorry about all the crazyness...at least you all looked cute! ;)
Oh my goodness, what a crazy beach trip. First the bee sting then thinking you lost your child! How tramatic. I am glad everything turned out ok!
Sounds like you had a great day at the beach. I mean come on, why do all these things happen to us moms. I am sure you were nervous. Glad you found her!
How scary about Leda, i would have been freaking out too.
Nicholas got his first bee sting too. He stepped on it at the pool. He did much better than i thought he would.
Oh man, my eyes just welled up with tears cause I can totally empathize. How scary. All I can say is PHEW!@!!!!!
5 minutes, I can't imagine...I "lost" Hudson for about a minute at a jump house once and THAT was way too long!!! You poor thing, I'm glad everything turned out well. I could vomit for you though!
Post a Comment