Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy belated birthday(s)!

On June 26th, my mom celebrated a birthday! I won't tell you her age because I'm a good daughter, but I swear to you my mom gets more and more beautiful each year.

The kids and I brought her breakfast (a healthy donut with candles) and sang to her on her doorstep. She was totally surprised, and it was a lot of fun for the kids. They love their Grandma!

In fact, when Aaron and I were on our honeymoon, and obviously before we had kids, we found this plaque in a gift shop that read, "The best thing about having you for a Mom, is knowing my kids get you for their Grandma" and I bought it then and there because I just knew she'd be such an amazing Grandma to my kids, and she sure hasn't let me down. Nor has she let me down as a mother. She has an amazing ability to balance being a mom and being a friend. I'm not sure how she does it, but she pretty much has it perfected.

oh, and while I was snapping this picture just after my kids had performed (I'll spare you the video), my mom said to me (while still holding the smile), "Uh, Marcy if this is to go up on your blog, you are to warn people that I just got out of bed and have no makeup on" lol...so you've been warned. Did I do good Mom? :)


That night, thanks to my friend Camille for offering to watch our kids (you rock), Aaron and I were able to join my folks for a yummy steak dinner at Lonestar. Isn't it amazing how much you can talk about without the interruption of kidlets? We love you Mom!


Then my mother-in-law, Shirley celebrated her birthday on June 29th! She was here a few weeks ago, so I took her to a girls dinner and a movie (no pictures to show though, BOO!), so even though we weren't with her for her b-day since she was back in Montana, we still felt a part of her day anyway since we'd just had a great visit. Isn't she beautiful?


I love my MIL. I sooo lucked out in that department. She is kind-hearted, funny, not overbearing at all, non-judgemental, supportive...all those things you sometimes hear mother-in-laws aren't. Plus, we like the same movies and have a ball whenever we are together ditching the boys (and kids) and going theater hopping. lol.

Our girls trip to Seattle in April:

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

how fun, your mom does seem like such an amazing woman. how nice to have her soo close! that's awesome!

Mom D said...

Marcy, you've always been an amazing Spirit. I'm blessed to have you as my daughter . . .and friend.
Love Mom

PS. I still can't believe that you put that early morning picture on the blog . . .

Lisa Webb said...

that is such a cute saying for your mom, I'll have to remember that for my mom!

camille said...

I LOVE Mrs. D!!! (that will be forever what I call her, too) I agree, your mom is so fantastic. Just getting to know her in the 2 yrs that Kai has gone to Cottage has been such a blessing. She really has the answer for everything and is always willing to talk to me about whatever question I might have. Now I get to look forward to about 3 more yrs as Payton starts in Sept. I have such love for her. SO glad you had fun out to dinner. Thanks for the props, but really you were doing me a favor by having your kids entertain mine!!! :)

Brooke Wilkins said...

you are really lcky! Your mom is awesome! I love her! You mother in law seems really sweet as well! You scored!

L said...

Aww happy birthday Sister D!!!