Wednesday, June 4, 2008

He's a crack-up!


I've been trying a new thing: feeding the kids dinner about 5pm to help cut down on the physical tantrums, desire to be snacking and emotional breakdowns that seem to occur around here and drive me nuts as we wait for Daddy to get home for dinner.

It's been working.

I feed the kids their meal, then Aaron and I eat together about 6:30. The kids are there with us too, but mostly just to talk and are rarely interested in eating again. Well, last night as Aaron and I are eating, Spencer and I had the following conversation:

Spencer: "Mom, I'm sooo hungry again, my stomach is rumbling"

Me: "How could you be hungry again? You just ate a ton of food an hour ago"

Spencer: "I know Mom, but I'm seriously hungry! For reals. The food I last ate went down into my stomach but it didn't fill up the hungry can in there, it must have missed!"


He's a crack-up this kid. And yes, I fed my son again after that. Heaven forbid the hungry can stay hungry, lol.

10 comments:

camille said...

Haha! That is so funny. I love all your past posts that I have not seen yet. Your D-land pics look so fun. What a fun trip for Leda...I'm jealous. Your shrimp ques. look amazing and YES I wanna try them. Finally, you look so tan in all these pictures. Hottie Mama!

Hillary said...

The hungry can. That's hilarious!

Charlotte said...

LOVE this story. And the pic is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing:0

~April~ said...

Oh that's so funny. What is it about little boys that makes them ALWAYS hungry... hee hee.

Emily said...

Too cute!! Luv that pic.

Carrie said...

Oh my!! I can totally picture him saying that too in his little high pitch voice! Too cute!! Can't wait to see everyone in a few weeks!!

Brooke Wilkins said...

That is so awesome! SPencer is such a little cutie! I love that you have such cute moments like that. It is awesome!

Abi said...

Way cute! He is a cute little boy! The whole 5 eating time has really worked for me too. When I don' t do that they are CRAZY!!!

Barbara said...

That is hilarious. I love that, the "hungry can"...I am for sure going to use that one sometime. What a cutie pie.

L said...

LOL!!! how cute is that??