Tonight I tried a new recipe, and it's blog-worthy, so are ya ready?
Oh, but before you read on, let me tell my friends Sara and Kate (the owners of the coolest cooking blog found HERE) that I realize this pales in comparison to your posts about food...but this was so yummy I had to give it a go and post it here on my blog.
This picture doesn't do it justice, because of course the yum-i-ness is inside the tortilla, and how do you capture a good picture of that? But I tried....jpg)
Yesterday I saw this recipe in a family magazine (can't recall which one) that my mom had at her house for preschool. Well, silly me, I didn't copy the recipe---or tear the page out, but I made these tonight anyway (by memory) and they turned out awesome!
I don't have exact measurements (I just dumped) but you can't really mess this up.
Ingredients:
1 onion
1 tomato
3 jalapenos
1 pound cooked shrimp (shelled and de-veined of course)
shredded cheese (you pick, I used a Mexican blend)
tortillas (I used whole wheat)
sour cream (optional for on top)
marinade for shrimp: olive oil, fresh parsley, lime juice, minced garlic, kosher salt and ground pepper.
Instructions:
I marinated the shrimp for about an hour. Since I didn't have the recipe, I just eye-balled it and dumped. Like I said, you can't mess this up.
Cut the tomato and jalapenos in half lengthwise, cut onions in thin rings, drizzle with olive oil, kosher salt and ground pepper. Set aside.
Put the shrimp on skewers after they're done marinating.
Next I threw all the veggies on the grill until they were cooked through, but not soft. About five minutes or so. Remove them from the grill and dice them up to make a relish. Just make it look like salsa. OH! Very important...before you do this remove the seeds from the jalapenos or it will be way too spicy. Okay, now make a relish. lol
Throw the shrimp skewers on the grill for just a few minutes. They are already cooked, so you just need to heat them through and make pretty grill lines on them.
Once the relish is made, prepare your quesadilla. Throw down your tortilla right on the grill, add cheese, remove shrimp from skewer and put those on, top with the veggie relish and then watch the tortillas closely so they don't burn! Mine took about 3 minutes top-for both sides!
And that's it! Add a bit of sour cream and you're golden! The jalapeno relish gives it a bit of a bite (perhaps too spicy for kids) but just the right amount of heat for adults in our opinion. SO good!
Nothing to it, right? And best of all, no mess to clean up, gotta love grilling.
Hope this made sense. I'm going by memory. If you need help, just holler.
Monday, June 2, 2008
Grilled Shrimp Quesadillas
Posted by Marcy at 8:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YUM! That sounds good, i'll have to try it!!
You've got a good memory! That looks good- if I could swallow shrimp, I would totally try it ;)
YUMM-O!! I will have to get brave enough to master the grill, but really, these look pretty easy!! Thanks Marc for the recipe!
Post a Comment