Friday, April 25, 2008

I did it!

I cut (well, Debbie did) almost five inches from my hair tonight! Yay for me! For those that know me, this is a huge deal! lol



It's a bit of an a-line (Spencer took a picture of the back-though I see I was looking down too much for you to really see), and it took forever for her to thin out my hair since it's so thick, but I think I will like the change. It will be nice for summer, that's for sure.

I was considering highlights, but I haven't done any color or highlights for six years now, and I appreciate the fact I can continue to save my pennies by keeping it "oh natural" so it'll stay this way for a while longer. Well, until I start to go gray or white...which might be sooner than later since I've been pulling out the occasional white strand here and there lately. Darn genetics. My mom started going gray when she hit 30 too. Sigh. We'll see how much longer I can get away with doing nothing to my hair.






Aaron (who in general prefers longer hair) didn't say anything at first, just came to me and gave me a kiss...uh, I'll take that ;) (yes, he likes it).

26 comments:

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Oh. my . gosh. HOW HOT ARE YOU?! I knew it, I'm SO glad you had the guts to do it. It looks FAB!!

Alisa said...

That looks awesome. You hair is so pefect for that cut. You will love it. Once you go short you never go back!! You might even want to go shorter, it's addicting. Aaron will get used to it! I love it!!

Kat said...

Holy cow...you look fantastic!!!! Seriously, that cut is PERFECT for you. I absolutely love it!

~April~ said...

It looks so awesome! And how long did you bug me before I actually cut my hair :P

Jen said...

Very cute Marcy! I love it!

Hillary said...

It looks SO great! I just chopped mine off about a week ago as well. You're one hot mama!!

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

I love it Marcy. It looks so cute and so shiny and healthy too!

Stephanie said...

Way to go Marcy1 You look fantastic!

Charlotte said...

Super cute cut, girl! You always did have such gorgeous hair!! PS> Good call on the highlights.

Hillary said...

Marcy-- All you do is click on the picture after you upload it into your post, and then you can drag the corners and resize them. :)

camille said...

Um, can I say...HHHHHHOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! It looks amazing and I am so glad you went through with it. I know you were nervous, but boy isn't that the perfect length for you. I think you look beautiful!

Marcie said...

I love it! You look darling, and you're lucky that you can get away with not getting highlights. Your natural haircolor is GORGEOUS!

Elizabeth said...

that is soooo adorable! i love it! you look like you have perfect hair for that too! LOVE IT!

Sara Decker said...

It looks amazing on you. I am glad you are liking it. It compliments your face very well, love it.

Emily said...

I'll admit, I had my doubts (as you know), but it looks so great!!! I'm seeing Debbie this Saturday and am still up in the air about what to do. Errr.

Brooke Wilkins said...

I love it!! I think that length looks good on everyone! It is soooo flattering!

Carrie said...

FABULOUS!!!! I am SO glad you cut your hair (let me clarify, cut it and actually have a style)!! It only took me 10+ years of begging!!! Congratulations!! Love you to pieces! See you in 2 days!! Yipee!!!!

Roberts Family said...

Darling Marcy! I saw you at church yesterday and I thought you looked so chic. I've been contemplating the same thing...ready for a change! I'll have to check out that book too. Looks like a good one. Thanks!

L said...

Hottie Marcy!!! It looks awesome!
If I had your natural & shiny hair color, I wouldn't ever color or highlight it either! It's so pretty!

The Glitter Sisters said...

Very cute cut! You look great! I wouldn't highlight my hair unless I had to. Mine is a dirty dishwater blonde color and it's very drab. Autumn has dark shiny hair like yours and I think it's gorgeous! Also, let's not talk about the white hairs we have found on our heads. I like to think that it's just VERY blonde.

Lisa Webb said...

It looks awesome! Joining the short hair club huh!??!?! I love it!

Roney Family said...

I can't tell you enough how much I love it. It looks amazing on you. It just gives you a fresh look. You look awesome!!! Kudos to you!

Hilary said...

I LOVE IT!!!! It fits your face so well, love it, love it, love it!!!

SeeCampbell said...

Way cute Marcy! I love the way she cuts hair. I'm probably going to do the same on my next visit. I liked the length she cut mine last time, but want to go just a tad shorter for the summer. You have beautiful hair color. No need to mess with it! Can't wait to see you in person!

SUMMER said...

Looks great Marcy!!! It will be easy and great for the summer

Abi said...

I love your hair! It looks great!