.jpg)
.jpg)
Okay, so I realize that most kids transition to a toddler bed waay before now, but when you have three kids in 3.5 years, you tend to stick to things that work for YOU and you don't disrupt things if they are going well--especially if it involves sleep. And Leda (two months shy of turning three) has never given us an ounce of trouble about being in a crib-she's never tried climbing out, so like I said, it's just worked for us to keep her there!
Well, fast forward to when Mom is out of town, and Dad decides he's bored and wants to transform her crib to a toddler bed and give it a whirl. So he talked up the concept to Leda, even went out and bought her a princess pillow and TA DA! She's now in a big girl bed and LOVES it! It's funny though because she doesn't climb out of her bed by herself---ever. She says she's too scared to get out of bed without mommy or daddy's help (never mind it's like 2 inches off the ground) but hey, I'm not complaining. I'd rather her NOT know exactly how much power she now has!
Here she is the other night after I tucked her in...complete with a wave as I left her room. So funny that girl!
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Big girl bed!
Posted by Marcy at 4:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I can't believe Leda is going to be 3 years old soon, which means Chase is nearing 2!! Glad things are going well in the new bed, we are going back and forth on what to do with Hudson when the new baby comes, yikes!!!
I'm seriously impressed that you managed to keep her in a crib that long! Asher was climbing out by 10 months (before he could even walk), but we managed to make it until about 18 months before he got a big boy bed. How fun for Leda!
ok, do you realize how lucky you are! that's awesome that she never crawled out of her crib by herself! Taylor crawled out the night the twins came home from the hospital and I was balling my eyes out! Maybe it was becuase i had no sleep! :) but also she had so much freedom and I didn't like it!
What a cutie!!She looks so grown up in her big bed. I hope she continues to stay in it.The onyl reason why we moved Sammy is because we Parker neeeded the crib. She had mever tried to climb out.
What a doll! I'm impressed by Aaron...what a great dad to take the initiative! Neither of my kids have ever crawled out of the crib, although I'm not putting it past Kate...we'll see. And Lauren still, till this day, at almost 4, calls for us when she wakes up...I have to tell her to just get up so she doesn't wake Kate...
She looks so grown up! So do you guys have 2 cribs or somethin???
Yes Lisa, we have two cribs. The first crib we ever had (for Spencer of course) was a white one that was a hand-me-down from my folks house. Spencer was actually still in it when Leda was born. We bought the black set for Leda because it was a killer deal, and I wanted it! lol
So now the white crib has become the "boy crib" and Leda's crib we knew all along would convert to a toddler bed and then a twin when we're ready! Whew!
Fun to find your blog through Summer's, Marcy! You have such a darling family. Email me at mandmkolb@hotmail.com so I can invite you to our blog! :)
SO cute! I am dying for a black crib for our next ones...and with the little chewer that Bronco is, I think he's going to totally ruin his crib before he's done with it, so I might actually get it! I hope Leda takes a reeaaallly long time figure out that she can get out of bed by herself. The one thing that I really love about transitions like these is that you're not having to worry/wonder when you're going to do it anymore. She's so cute!!!
And what an amazingly beautiful valance Leda has hanging above her window in her room! Oh wait, it didn't make it into the photo. That's a shame.
;)
how cute is she. I love her room by the way! I wonder how long you can keep it from them how much power they have! Here's hoping its not until well beyond the teen years!
Landon has started waving to me as i leave the room to. Nevermind he starts cry as soon after I leave but saying Hi and Bye is his new thing.
So cute! Aren't you proud?! I didn't put Kai in a big bed until we moved here and he was almost 3. I say if they still fit...let em stay there. Aaron is an awesome dad to do it and even get a princess pillow for encouragement. I don't blame you for not transitioning her before now. I think Payton will stay in the crib until I have another baby and she'll be 4 by then.
How fun for her. I am sure she is so excited to be in her big girl bed!!!
I hope Ashton stays in the crib that long but I seriously doubt it. He's a monkey. She looks so cute!!
Post a Comment