Thursday, January 10, 2008

Our "Rainbow Brite"


Man, is it ever FUN to dress a little girl. Not that I don't love my boys, or like dressing them, but MAN is it ever fun to dress a little girl :)

I'll admit that this outfit is a little "out there", but when I gave Leda her choice of tights (white or pink) this morning she quickly went to the bright striped ones in the drawer and said, "These mommy!" And just how could I say no to that face?? Seriously ;)
She also decided she wanted to "share" her Easter purse at school today and wouldn't step foot outside until she had successfully shoved her sippy cup inside it for safe transport in the car so it wouldn't "spill and make a mess." She is soooo opinionated these days and my mom LOVES to remind me every chance she gets that Leda's exactly like me when I was a child.

So yes, today Leda went to preschool dressed as Rainbow Brite, but a pretty cute one, eh?

11 comments:

Jen said...

So cute! I LOVE LOVE LOVE striped tights on little girls (in fact, I might say that I 'heart' them, but you know how I feel about that phrase. . .). I need to get some for L. I bought her some a while back that for some reason I thought would fit her at the age of 12 months. Well, no she's going on 3 and they won't fit her until she's at least six. And now I'm rambling, so I'll stop. Jen

Erin said...

I need a little girl!!! Well, not right now, but next time I get pregnant, I am hoping for a little girl. But do you find yourself spending just a little too much money on cute clothes? I could see myself doing that.

Emily said...

That is hilarious!! I'll have to post some of Syd's crazy outfits this past week. It's been rather humorous. Leda's an aspiring fashion designer. : ) SO precious!!

Roney Family said...

I think her outfit is adorable. I let Ella do the same thing. Madison has to match, But ella has her own style. And it's good to let them make choices like that. She is so cute and I am sure she felt so super the whole day in her cute outfit!

Hillary said...

Only THE cutest Rainbow Brite ever!

Hillary said...

Oh, and if you're reading this, Jen, I'd love to catch up! :)

Lisa Webb said...

My mom let me wear what ever I wanted when I was Leda age and it was awesome! Belts on my head, mixed match socks, your only young once! She looks adorable, such a girl. I'm sure she was so proud of herself all day to! Was it her idea to keep her sippy cup in the purse so it wouldn't spill? Im glad to hear how fun it is to dress a girl, getting me so exicited to have a girl!

Hilary said...

So cute! I know what you mean about girl clothes verses boy clothes...WAY better selection for girls. At least I have nieces that I can buy girl clothes for! And in response to your comment on my blog, I love being a part of your everyday life again too!!

Kat said...

Leda is adorable! I usually let Bayli dress herself, and let me just say that most days she doesn't end up in an outfit nearly as cute as Leda's (think too-short yellow sweatpants and a too-big gray sweatshirt).

Barbara said...

Sweet, can I have a pair of those tights?!

Charlotte said...

She is darling!! I love the striped tights. I also loved Rainbow Brite as a kid - all she needs is the the little star on her cheek:) Your girl is so cute I'm having uterine cramps;) Thanks for sharing!