Who knew that emptying my pots and pans cupboard could be SO much fun and lead to so many fun things to do? I maintain that the absolute WORST time of the day with kids is between 4-6pm. I'm trying to pull dinner together, my kids are cranky and want snacks because they're hungry, Daddy is usually running late, and I'm trying my best to keep it all together to create dinner and clean up toys before Aaron comes home. This day was particularly difficult because Chase is currently teething, hadn't had much of a nap and was being an absolute bear! So, the kids were running around crazy-hyper, Chase was screaming hysterics at my feet, literally pulling down my jeans wanting to be held and I had HAD it. So the only thing I could think to do (besides running for the hills) was to open my pots and pans cupboard and let them go to town. The kids loved being allowed in a cupboard that is usually off limits and they got very creative!
Here are some fun shots. Chase is MIA in these photos because right as I was grabbing the camera, he slammed his finger between a pot and the lid (poor guy) and was in my arms being consoled while I snapped away:
Spencer said that he was being Uncle Rob in these :) For those that don't know, Rob is my 24 year old brother who, in his spare time, is a drummer in a band up in Utah. He had just been visiting for Thanksgiving and brought home their CD for us all to hear. They sound great! Rob, we think song #3 is the best!.jpg)
Then in this one, they were pretending to go to sleep. That night Spencer BEGGED me to let him sleep in the cupboard. Uh, no...sorry buddy..jpg)
Monday, December 3, 2007
Who knew?
Posted by Marcy at 5:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
My kids adore that cupboard, too! It's a no-fail way to occupy them if I need a break during those horrendous evening hours you mentioned.
I totally agree about 4-6 PM...it's a beast to conquer and still remain sane. Although i'm always teaching piano lessons at that time, so Andy usually gets to share the joy...what a good idea to just open a "forbidden" cupboard! Isn't it amazing how a 1-year-old can pull your pants down from so much tugging?
Hey Marcy, glad to see you have a blog! I love the picture of the kids in the cupboard.
I totally feel for you and Agree. I have the hardest time. But, I am not a wonderful wife like you. I make my husband pick dinner up. The kids just drive me crazy. But hey, the pictures sure do look cute of your kids!
How did you handle the noise on the hardwood floor? I let my kids play with my pans, only on the carpet, and only with wooden spoons!!! It looks like they had fun though.
At my house we call the after-nap-pre-dinner time the "witching hour". Glad you found a way to keep the monkeys entertained! Love the sleeping pic:)
Post a Comment