Sunday, May 6, 2012

Weekend BBQ

So I'll be honest and admit that I've missed California recently. My friends and the beach. So in a funk one day I called Aaron at work and said, "Um, I'm feeling homesick for California Beauty, so I'd like to take advantage of Utah beauty and hit the canyon for a BBQ this Saturday...you game?"


We hit up Timpanogos Park up the Provo Canyon. At first it was my little family of five enjoying the place to ourselves.

We played Frisbee. Where I was reminded just how lousy I am, but boy did I have fun! Leda & I spent a lot of time on the sidelines. I felt badly she was still in crutches, poor thing. Her books just weren't entertaining enough, she wanted to join in! So I kept her company keeping watch of our crazy boys.



Then some of the rest of the family showed up to join us for some dinner.


We got in some scooter time...


Family Bocce Ball time (low impact enough for "gimp" to join in)


This was Leda's "ride"....


S'mores!


And we had SUCH a wonderful time. Seriously. It was just what I needed. To be surrounded by the people I love and to be reminded of the beauty around me. I'll never tire of these mountains.



0 comments: