So the only thing I really wanted for Mother's Day was a trip up the canyon to roast marshmallows. And Aaron delivered!
 |
| The kiddos providing manual labor |
 |
| Master Chef |
 |
| The dinner crew |
 |
| The entire crew |
 |
| Gabe & Chase...not fighting! |
 |
| The Big Boys |
|
|
After a few hours with the Valadez family, they left because Janie had had enough. Even though Spencer thought he'd die without his cousins...we proved to have the BEST time for the next 2.5 hours with just my little crew.
 |
| And then there were five...with a dying fire |
 |
| Aaron and mini-Aaron |
 |
| When Uncle Philip left...so did the firewood. And we weren't expecting to stay as long as we did. So these three became serious scouters for firewood. Chase, upon bringing some sticks said to me "Mom, we must keep you warm for Mother's Day, so I'm gonna work harder!" Melt my heart. |
 |
| Leda chilaxin and talking NON-stop |
 |
| Spencer with our newfound love: Enchilada Doritos |
 |
| I just wanted a cute, normal picture with my husband and could see outta
the corner of my eye he was being a punk. So two can play at that game.
Take that! |
When we packed up to go home, the kids just didn't want to go. And they couldn't believe we had sat around a fire for 2.5 hours.
Just the five of us.With no radio, cell phones, tv, scooters, trampoline, friends, cousins, crayons, books. Need I go on?
It was just what I wanted. And just what we needed. What a WONDERFUL time!
I love my family and this place we live! Did I mention it took us just 15 minutes to get to a place where there was NO ONE around but us, a stream, a fire and s'mores? Heaven.
Happy Mother's Day weekend to me!
0 comments:
Post a Comment