It's no secret that I love my in-laws. So having them here this past weekend has been such fun!
SATURDAY
we hit Thanksgiving point for the most awful 3D Dinosaur movie EVER. But the kids had fun...so I suppose it wasn't all for not.
A quick look around some parts of the museum
Walking around the grounds...it's SPRING! And so so pretty.
My mother-in-law and I love tulips, so whenever we spot them, we get a pic with them. It's just our thing, despite our husbands laughing at us while they take the picture...
Ice cream for 25 cents? Yes, please!
SUNDAY
... we were able to go to The Conference Center to watch the Sunday Afternoon Session.
It was SUCH a beautiful (wet) day, and was a wonderful session to go to. We all thought it was the best session of Conference...could be a bit biased since we were there live, but truly it was wonderful to go up to SLC for the afternoon, just the four of us.
| It was my first time attending a Conference with my husband! |
I'm grateful to my folks for watching the kiddos so we could attend Conference, grateful for good family and for making good memories.
MONDAY
...we hit the kids school to see Spencer do his 3rd grade Biography report. He read a book on Tiger Woods and then had to dress up as him and give a 2-minute presentation in first person. He did a great job.
We also hit First Grade music time. Background: Me and my folks have volunteered these last few months to do First Grade music (to the three First Grade classes) every Monday for 30 minutes. My Dad plays the piano and my Mom and I teach and lead them in songs. It's been a lot of fun...and I think we'll miss it come the end of the year. Aaron is always working when we do singing time, but today since he took the day off, he came to watch with his folks and it was a riot having them there. They got to help us with a song and the kids had a ball watching them be goofy.
My cute Dad on the piano
And another of Leda getting to be a "helper" with Grandma & Grandpa
My Mom and I doing our thing. I'm grateful to be doing this with my folks and I know that Leda appreciates us doing this. She beams when we walk in and it's a memory we are glad to be making all together.
Next up Aaron, his folks, the kids & I hit the Trax (for the first time) into SLC. The kids had a ball!
Once in SLC, we hit the new Mall City Creek. Pretty impressive! Not sure I'll be doing any shopping there anytime soon, but it was fun to walk around and soak it all in.
Then it was over to Temple Square for some dinner at the Nauvoo Cafe. Best corn chowder we've ever had!
After dinner we walked around Temple Square and walked through the Family exhibit there for Family Night.
And is this not a beautiful shot? LOVE.
We ended the night at Kneaders where the ladies enjoyed talking and treats.
What a wonderful weekend! Love my family.
0 comments:
Post a Comment