Thursday, April 5, 2012

Leda

I'm trying hard lately to organize my photos, and in an effort to get some of these randoms on my blog (my journal) I'm just gonna throw all these randoms together in one post and try to write down some things that I want to remember about Leda at this age of 6, almost 7. Sigh. Almost SEVEN.

So in no particular order, here it goes!

We had Jane's portable crib set up in Leda's room one day and the next morning I came in to wake up Leda for school and I see Jack inside this cozy little bed Leda had made for him. The bed was empty the night before, so sometime in the night she had prepared this place for her buddy Jack and he'd hopped right in. We had a good laugh about it.

Every.Single.Day. this is how I see her bed. Leda LOVES to read and is constantly piling books up on her bed to read. I love that she gets all cozy and just dives right in. If you can't find Leda, go looking for books. Books on her bed.

One of our trips to SLC, we were touring the Conference Center. The family had moved on and we turned to see Leda missing. After my heart skipping a beat, I went down a hallway to see this image. I stood there for a bit before I approached her. It was the sweetest image of her just staring at this model of Christ. So I snuck up and snapped this pic before she could look away. I wanted to capture the sweet image forever.

She is ALL about Hello Kitty right now at age 6. So when she got these jammies and slippers on Christmas Morning, she was SOO excited...and wouldn't take them off for days. Honestly.

Leda will often times find herself comfortable on her Dads lap. Love their bond. I think it comes naturally to them because of their personalities...but also because obviously there is something special there when you only have one Dad and one daughter!

I made them turn and smile :)

We were doing HW here and I just liked her profile, so snapped this with my iphone. I love that her top lip kinda sticks out...her mouth has been this way since she was a baby. So strange to see her growing up so fast.

So this is the way Leda lays her clothes out the night before school. Most every night she does this. Notice the socks tucked under her boots and her hair bow? LOVE it. Also, the bent arm. Haha!

She realized that I'd taken a pic of her clothes the night before and thought it'd be funny if she layed down all dressed for this shot.

Since my sister only has one girl (Jane) and I only have Leda...we are hoping that they will grow up like sisters. Those people closest to me know that I'd always desired to have another child & hoped Leda would have a sister someday. But I'm at peace with my family (so grateful) and know that my sister & I will force these two to be close since it's their only shot at a sister :) But so far, these two really do seem bonded. Janie BEAMS when she sees Leda and Leda loves carrying her around like a doll. With five years between them, it will be interesting to watch them grow up together. With ALL these boys on this side of our family, they'll NEED each other for sanity!  

Okay, Leda is NOT shy, but she ACTS it in just about anything that is new. So this day when we went indoor rock climbing, we were totally shocked that she wanted to give it a go. And actually beat Spencer as she totally passed him up! Neither of them made it to the top, but they gave it a good effort.

One of her favorite things to eat is a Spinach salad. Mostly she prefers it with Oil & Vinegar dressing (that's my girl) but this time she tried her Dads honey mustard and loved that too. This is her school lunch at least twice a week. The other days she prefers hard boiled eggs. She's not much of a meat eater these days.

It always makes me laugh that this is her after school snack of choice. She digs right in and makes herself a big old salad. Funny girl.

Recently Leda gave her first talk in this new ward. Again, she's not shy, but acts it: so we were SO proud of her this day for getting up there and reading her first talk by herself. Two minutes about Following the Prophet. She and I had prepared the talk together, practiced many times & the day of she nailed it. Her hardest words? Ezra Taft Benson. That name was a doozy for her ;)

0 comments: