Friday, June 3, 2011

Leda's birthday

This year was her "friend" year birthday party, but in lieu of a party at home with lots of friends, she opted to invite two friends to Chuck E. Cheese. Simple for me!


A few years back, I began making my kids their birthday cakes. It's been a lot of fun for me and them. And my thing is this: I ask them about a month before the big day, "What kind of cake do you want for your birthday this year?" and the FIRST thing they say, is what I do. No changing it up, no changing their mind! It's been fun because sometimes it's soo random (one year Spencer wanted General Grievous---the ugliest Star Wars guy ever) and then other times (like this year) it's simple. Leda wanted Hello Kitty. DONE!

My friend Heidi offered to help me make a cake with fondant. It was so much fun learning how to do it, and I was SO appreciative of her help! It turned out sooo stinkin' cute, I kinda didn't want to cut into it!

The Birthday Girl


Me and my girl


Leda & Daddy


The party spread


The cute friends


Leda & Laila



Leda & Sasha


The Brothers


The gifts



The family



I'd say turning 6 was a success!

6 comments:

Emily Judd said...

cutest cake ever!!! way to go! and happy birthday Leda!

Barbara said...

You made that cake? Wow! Super impressed Marcy! Looks like she had a great birthday. :)

~April~ said...

Wow! Marcy! That is an adorable cake.... not to mention the cute 6 year old too! Yay!

The Hyer Family said...

Love it! Seriously that cake is awesome! And what happened to the photo collage on the wall--noticed the 2 floral prints where the collage is supposed to be! Is that to make it more neutral???

camille said...

FUN!!!!!!!!!!! That cake ruled the school, sister! Way to go. Such cute pics. I love that one of you and Leda. Pretty Mommy and pretty little girl. Gave me chills! Happy Birthday, Leda!!!

Amber said...

Leda is so cute! You do an amazing job with cakes!