Friday, March 4, 2011

Pajama Day 2011

Every year at the Elementary School, in honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday...they have a "Pajama Day" where you get to wear your PJs, bring your pillow, stuffed animal, three books AND a box of cereal to school to donate to a local shelter.

Fun stuff.

It's not just a normal cereal box, it has to be decorated with a picture you've drawn of a cover of one of Dr. Seuss's legendary books.

This year I ran to our local library in hopes to give Spencer & Leda more of a choice of covers to choose from since ours in years past have already been done. So I had the brilliant idea to hit the library the DAY BEFORE these cereal boxes were due and the WEEK OF Dr. Seuss's birthday celebrations. Not one of my brightest moves. Do you wanna know how many books were on the shelve under "SEU" for Seuss? Uh, NONE.

SO I pleaded with the librarian in hopes of finding ANY books...and she returned with TWO that had just been returned! Perfection.

And so last night I set down markers, paper, 2 Dr. Seuss books, a Spencer and a Leda on the kitchen table to complete the task of duplicating a cover of their choice.

And then I walked away.
Totally away.
I didn't help one bit!

And I'm super proud of the results. As were they.

Look!



Spencer was so excited this morning



Spencer & his friends before walking off to school



Leda was about to take flight she was so happy!


What a fun memory to have made.

1 comments:

camille said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you copied those to frame! Talent in loads over there at your house!