Saturday, February 19, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

Cousin McKayla was here this week from Montana with Grandma McLendon (for Spencer's baptism) and OH what fun we had with her here!


It was especially fun to celebrate Valentine's Day with McKayla and Grandma.



Chase couldn't wait to get to Cottage pre-school to give Grandma Duncombe his V-day gift


Off to the Valentine's Day parties with Mrs. G, Mrs. Kelli and of course Grandma. I'm so grateful and feel so blessed to have these three women love my boy so much. To have loved ALL my children so much.



For dinner that night, we made homeade roasted vegetable soup (SO good and easy) and grilled-cheese sandwiches complete with pink milk, of course.



Soup recipe found here: http://www.pbs.org/everydayfood/recipes/roasted_vegetable.html

Leda was the only child who thought to give Daddy a Valentine this year. Sweet girl! I sure enjoyed watching the exchange!


Aaron brought home me AND his Mom, our favorite ever flowers (just one of the many things my mother-in-law and I have in common)



I didn't forget to give Aaron a present...


And then the next night, my awesome mother-in-law literally PUSHED us out the door to go on a much needed date night OUT. Aaron and I hit an Indian Restaurant and then saw a movie. What a Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comments:

Alicia said...

What a sweet day. Can I get that veggie soup recipe?