Sunday, June 6, 2010

Saturday was a special day...

It was the day we found out if we were going to have another niece or nephew...courtesy of my sister Carrie and her husband, Philip.


And the way we all found out, was so very exciting.

On Friday, Carrie went to her ultrasound appointment with strict instructions to the tech that she did not want to know the sex right then and there. He finished the appointment, wrote the sex on the ultrasound picture, sealed the envelope and she as on her way.

Well, on her way to the bakery, that is!

With the help of her friend Angela, the envelope was then carefully delivered to the local bakery where the bakers were to bake a white cake if the ultrasound said GIRL or were to make a chocolate cake if it said BOY.

On Saturday afternoon...a whole 24 hours later (dying!)...when Philip got home from scout camp, he came home to a cake on the table. A cake that EVERYONE couldn't wait to cut into!

With my folks and my family gathered round the computer, and other family at Carrie's house up close and personal, we all watched the events unfold in Utah...



The moment of truth...Carrie with her three boys gathered round, ready to dig in....


And the cake waaaas....


WHITE!! WHITE!! WHITE!!

Screams all around. Crying all around. It was so very exciting.

After three studly boys, they are having a GIRL!

Meet Jane Elizabeth:



I love her already. (I think she looks like me)

Hurry up and get here Jane, okay? And then convince your parents to move back to Cali...where your coolest Aunt lives.

(No offense to other Aunties)

What a great Saturday!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

It was such a special and exciting day, one that I will never forget! I am TICKLED PINK knowing that I will soon be a mom to a daughter! Never thought the day would come. I am so very blessed! Thanks for making me cry, again. It's all I've done all weekend!

Alissa King said...

Ok, ok, OKAY! I might have whooped and hollered a little myself here (and scared my little children) but's it's all so very exciting!!! Especially since you were here talking to her on the phone after she got the ultrasound but before you guys knew! Yay for ruffle bottom swimsuits and pony tails!

Emily said...

CARRIE!!!
I can't tell you how excited I am for you! When is the due date??? I love the name Jane! (hence Maia Jane). SO CUTE!!! I can't wait to make her something cute! Are you having a baby shower down here? Please do it. You have to have one since it's a girl! Love the ultrasound pic too!
Congrats!!!

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Okay, cutest idea EVER!

Tara said...

That is the cutest idea ever. I love that it included everyone!