Friday, February 12, 2010

George Washington's birthday!


Chase was helping me put away laundry this afternoon when we had the following conversation:

"Mom, it's George Washington's birthday in threeee days!"

(not sure who I'm more impressed with here: My three year old; or Cottage preschool for teaching him in a way that helped him retained the correct information for an entire 24 hours.)

"Oh ya, Chase?"

"Ya, it's his birthday in threeee days at Cottage Preschool!"

"Oh ya, just at your preschool, huh? (funny & cute how life revolves around young kiddos and their world)...Who was George Washington, Chase?"

"George Washington was a reeeally old lady!"
(insert snicker)

"He set up presents, or he was a present. Ya, he was a present!"
(funny & cute how kiddos always work in presents on a birthday)

Happy PRESIDENTS day (aka: George Washington's Birthday) in threeee days everyone!

3 comments:

Emily said...

So cute. When I grow up, I want to be the present of the United States of America too.

Carrie said...

he's so stinkin cute I could just kick em!!!!

camille said...

Too funny! I love that little Chase. He is such a smart, witty little guy. I think he gets that from his mom!! :)

p.s. thank you so much for all your kind notes and love. I so appreciated them and how good they made me feel and help get through that tough little time w/ Rowan. I was thinking of you, actually, and how hard those hospital visits are and don't you visit there often lately? You are one strong lady! Love you!