Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Day

Having your Valentine stuck in a hotel room in Colorado for work on Valentines Day really does stink...especially when he was due home yesterday and keeps having to extend, but what can you do? I'm so grateful for his job and more importantly that he loves the work he does.

So upon learning this afternoon that my hot date would not be returning home today and after allowing myself 20 minutes of self-pity, I decided to create a special night with my children.

We hit the hot tub (one of my favorite things to do)




came home and made pizza and a salad (salad not picture cause Leda ate it too fast)



then we all got "cozy" on the couch to watch a bit of Monsters, Inc. Oh, and for dessert? We devoured the homemade chocolate chip-coconut cookies we'd made for Dad earlier today. Don't worry, we saved him a few (Spencer's idea).


When I tucked them into bed tonight (for the fourth night in a row all by myself, but whose counting?) I thanked each of them individually for being my special V-day-date. And I got plenty of hugs and kisses.

Not too shabby of a night after all.

Did y'all know tulips are my favorite flower? I prefer them to roses any day...so thanks babe for my flowers in the totally cute vase.



Happy Valentines Day everyone!

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm sorry your husband wasn't around for your Valentines but it sounds like you did some fun stuff with your kids! I agree about the hot tub, I lOVE it and wish we had one! ANd how cute was your pizza and yummy cookies, that sound like such a yummy recipe!

Crystel said...

Sorry Aaron wasn't able to be with you. But good for you for making the best of it!

The Hyer Family said...

Sounds like you know how to make the best of a stinky situation...way to go Marcy! Hope Aaron made it home OK!

Aubrey Messick said...

So sad you couldn't be with your Valentine this year! At least you had all your cute kids to celebrate the holiday with. And MY favorite flowers are tulips too!!!

~April~ said...

It sounds like it was a fun day for you after all. Gotta love the kids!!!

Carrie said...

Your such a cute mom, Marcy! I am lame and didn't do a darn thing (I can't STAND Valentines Day). Oh ya, I did make brownies in the shape of a heart for the kids and Philip. That is the extent of my valentines day! Glad your's wasn't a total loss and glad that he is home now!

Brooke Wilkins said...

That stinks that he wasn't around! But at least he is home now! Have a fun day with your hubby and kids! I hope that you have a good time!

Unknown said...

SO Cute Marcy. I can't see enough cute pictures of your kids. It's good to hear about your love story. Your husband and you are obviously very in love. You miss him so much. I understand your pain. I can't stand it when Rob is even gone for a day. The highlight of my day is him walking in the door. True love is REAL. Happy Valentines Day back!

Camille said...

So I just came across your blog kind of by accident, but I read about your chocolate chip coconut cookies. They sound delicious and I would love the recipe. Maybe you could post it on your blog or just e-mail it to me. Thanks so much!

Camille S.