Okay y'all. I haven't been very popular in the comment leaving department here on my blog for a long while (don't worry, I'm not offended) but I REALLY do need your help this time and need you to SPEAK UP, okay?
How do I print my blog?
So for those of you who still read my blog, for those of you who have actually printed your blog in book form before, and for those of you with any opinion whatsoever on this matter...how'd you do it or how do you plan to do it? What was the most time and cost effective way to do it?
I've been putting this off and putting this off. I started this blog back in 2007. I have 3 years to print off----each year in their own book. I HAVE to get cracking.
I'm torn.
Do I blurb?
Do I blogs2books.com?
Do I blog2print?
Do I upload my files to a word file and print them onesie/twosie? (shoot me now)
Help?!
And if you've used any of the above methods (or even others I haven't discovered yet) can you tell me the low down? How extensive of a process it was? Setbacks, the outcome...etc?
Thanks, friends!
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Printing your blog?
Posted by Marcy at 8:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I've already weighed in on this...but I've used Blurb for my books. I don't know anyone who's used the other 2 companies, but I went to their sites, and it appears that they do the work for you? That would be really nice and save time, except I like being able to arrange things my way. And, just an idea, but you could print your 3 years in a single book and save some serious money on Blurb. (2 of my years are in the same book for this exact reason) Have fun and good luck! I haven't started my 2009 book yet. Bah humbug.
I use blurb although I don't really know that much about anyone else that mentioned. I like it, but you can't do anything cute on it, it's just blank pages with the pictures and writing you put on it. i don't know how you transfer your blog onto it either! sorry, the more i write, the more I realize i Don't know that much! hahah good luck!
i have no idea but for the sake of you getting three comments...(coming from someone who never gets comments are her blog either..) i thought i should at least say I like this post because I really want to know how to do it too! Update us and let us know how you end up doing it!
so I guess you already know that I use blurb. I really love it but it does take some extra time. i just rewrite everything anyway to be specifically for each child or our family. I'd be interested to know how you like another company if you end up trying it!
P.S. I really enjoy your blog :)
I've used blurb. It's time consuming. I try and do a couple pages a day. I usually end up doing my own layouts by changing their template pages. I tried blog to book through cutestblogontheblock and it lays it all out for you but you cannot manipulate the text at all so my picture captions were mixed in with the dialogue. They haven't worked those bugs out so couldn't do that. Frustrating. Unless I'm missing something there is no easy way to print your blog.
I use Blog2print and I like it because it does everything for me. I have no desire to spend a lot of time rearranging and retyping things because, well I do that all on my blog. You can go in and make changes if you want, I just choose not to. You can look at mine sometime if you want.
I tried blurb once, but didn't ever finish because I have LOTS of pages and I didn't want to go through and edit everything.
I started on blog2print once, but stopped when I saw how much it was going to cost (I really shouldn't wait 5 years to print my blog).
When I have the money saved up I plan on using blog2print. I like easy.
I found that blurb was very time-consuming. I didn't really like it. Maybe I should try blog2print.
What were your findings, and have you tried anything? I need to do the same thing!!!
Post a Comment