Oh how we love our Aunt Kiki.
This picture just captures the twinkle in my sisters eye. Carrie is the loveliest person I know (and gorgeous too, don't you agree?) and just LOOK at the excitement on my daughters face!
I assure you, it's not all due to the fact that she's on a tram to the "Happiest place on earth"...no. It's mostly due to the fact that she's in her Aunts' arms. Leda looks very similar to my sister, has quirky mannerisms like my sister (it's a bit freaky)...and as my sister (a mother to three boys) says often, "Leda should have been MINE!"
Sigh. Sisters who are 13 months a part and who've always been best friends should NOT live in different states. Does Utah know how lucky it is to have her there? Do her friends and neighbors appreciate the goodness of this gal? I dunno. But I sure do and it's like a hole in my heart when she leaves to go back "home". Yes, I'm putting that word in quotes. I'm still not okay with her "home" being there.
When she left us this week, Leda said, "Mom, since Kiki doesn't have a girl at her house, I'm going to go live with her, okay?"
"But Leda if you left me, then I'd be the one left with no girl at my house and I'd miss you so much!"
"Oh, it's okay Mom, I'd come back to visit ya!"
And that's when I realized I'm definitely second fiddle to Aunt Kiki. But being second fiddle to my sister? That's not such a bad thing. Not a bad thing at all.
Friday, February 26, 2010
Aunt Kiki
Posted by Marcy at 11:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Thanks so much Marc. I am sitting here weeping as I am missing you all like crazy, reminiscing on the good times we had last week. I am trying to follow my own counsel given to Spencer as I was leaving..... Think of the good times. But just like Spencer, I cry every time I think of those good times. I really don't know what I do to make those kids love me the way they do but man! How I love you all so much. Yes, it stinks we have to be miles apart, but thank goodness there are planes, phones and emails! It really isn't the same, but I'll take anything I can get. Kiss those little stinkers for me and give them all hugs and swats on the bum till it hurts (cause that's Kiki does)!!!!!
haha, that is so cute what Leda said! And I can TOTALLY agree with you about being so far away from your sister! My twin sister and BEST FRIEND is in Utah too and I hate it so much. it's way too far away!!
So cute- the pic and the post!
Carrie, looks unbelievably gorgeous. And I completely relate to how horrible it is to be so far apart from a sister. My sister is in Utah also. TOO FAR AWAY!!!
Aww, what a sweet post. I wish I lived closer to my sisters too. They ar my best friends in the world.
Post a Comment