Last weekend we had the opportunity to take a little trip down memory lane....literally.
A two-night, three-day trip back to Logan, Utah. Where Aaron and I met 14 (gulp) years ago. FOURTEEN! And thank you to Grandparents who so lovingly watched our kids (and dog) so we could go!
It was pouring rain when we first arrived on Saturday. Our first stop was up to walk around campus. Where we attempted to get some pictures of ourselves.
Aaron's eyes shut
Then we drove through town. Stopped at Kinko's where I worked for three years full time through college.
And our apartment where we first met. It was too rainy to get out...so a shot from the car will have to do!
| Bottom left is my apartment. Upper right was Aaron's. |
I hardly remember living without Aaron. It was a little strange to be back at a place where we lived our lives separately---since these memories are more and more distant as the years move forward. And I was thinking back to how I felt impressed to move into Aaron's apartment complex and ward. What a blessing! We don't have a perfect marriage, but honestly being married to Aaron IS fairly easy. And fun. And during this trip, I recalled how I received the confirmation in this little apartment that I should marry this good man. How grateful I am for that answer!
I met Aaron one summer after a very difficult break up. And had asked in prayer for help. Help to move forward from a relationship with a man that was not right for me. And so I moved to Glenwood apartments with a new job and a new outlook. And I began dating. A lot. Never in my life had I dated so much! I met Aaron about the first week in my new ward, and was determined NOT to get serious with someone else so fast. So I dated all summer long (Aaron, among other guys) and after four months and one final date with a good guy named Dustin, I came home to this apartment, called Aaron (who was upstairs and had watched me leave on said date with Dustin) and said, "So, I'm ready to not date anyone else...if you'll have me." His reply? To hang up, knock on my door, give me a big hug and we moved forward with our exclusive relationship over a bowl of Cincinnati Chili. Done and done! And here we are happy fourteen years later. So Glenwood,and this apartment where I spent my last days single, will always be special to us!
We hit Indian food that night. Um, the BEST Indian food we've EVER had. And funny that it was a little restaurant attached to a gas station around the corner from our old apartment! Haha! We'd decided that it was probably for the best that this little place didn't exist back in the day. I doubt we would have ever cooked for ourselves.
| Seriously? Attached to a gas station? But SOOO good anyway! |
Our first stay was at a 100 year old place called The Riter Mansion. A cute little B&B where we stayed in the guest room.
| We loved the flooring in the bathroom |
The grounds outside were gorgeous
The weekend continued with shopping, eating, meeting up with my old roommate Steph...
...more shopping and THREE movies! We hit the good old cinefour first. This place was built the year before we moved. It was the first cheap movie theater in Logan and brought back such good memories for us since our first year married we were poor of course!
Then we visited our first married apartment where we lived for one full year and then moved from there to San Clemente, CA. it looked exactly the same!
Our second night we stayed at a local motel. Nothing fancy, but nice, and we got to sleep in and that's always a plus!
Then we made our way to one last walk around campus where it stopped raining a bit and we could get some good photos of Old Main.
I'm grateful for such good memories of beautiful Logan, Utah. And that we were able to go back for the first time in 14 years and really explore our old stomping grounds together! LOVE Logan, Utah and definitely LOVE this husband of mine.

1 comments:
I'm finally catching up on your blog and how fun to see this post about good ole Logan! I was gone on my mission the year you met Aaron but remember how jealous I was when you sent me your wedding photos! So glad you guys had a great couple days. Sure hope to meet you in Logan the next time you go. Let me know... I'm always up for a trip there (bonus to see my fam too!).
Post a Comment