Friday, June 1, 2012

Pinewood Derby 2012


Spencer was SO excited for his second year of doing the Pinewood Derby. Last year he just about came in last each and every time. This year was, uh, quite different!

He chose gold with American Flag accents this year.

His support team

And cousin Carter came, too!

Opening ceremonies...
Anticipation!!

The first time up!
He took first that heat!   

And kept taking first! We were so surprised that he one first place each heat.

And he also got a ribbon for the judges favorite car. I guess Gold was in this year!

Cute dessert

Cute grandparents
Cute First Place winner
And something I just wanted to document about this event: I was so grateful I have a humble 9-year old boy. He was honestly so shocked he was winning, but wasn't gloating. And was congratulating others on their awards and was overall a little shy over taking first. He was excited, but humble about it. Love this kid! And I felt especially grateful for this little win. Spencer has had a lot to adjust to in this move...and moving into an established neighborhood filled with older boys isn't always easy on him. Another thing not easy? Trying out for the swim team and not making it. So I was proud that he accomplished this little thing that meant A LOT to him. I was proud of my little scout that night.

0 comments: