Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Volunteer



Is there anything better than volunteering in your child's classroom & watching their little face light up when they realize you're there?



I think not.

It works out that I get to be Leda's Kindergarten co-librarian this year (Yeah!), but today was the day her class had their Halloween party and it was so fun!

Stories


Candy Corn Bingo winner


Scary spiders


My diligent helper "taking 5"


As always, I had fun volunteering with my good friend & neighbor, Laura ( w/sons Jonathan & Michael). Laura's oldest Anna and my Spencer had Mrs. Brown for K a few years back (and even the same 1st grade teacher last year) and now our middle kiddos get to share a year together with Mrs. Brown as well, kinda fun!


And last but not least, a beaming smile on my daughters face.


My Mommy heart was nice and toasty today!

And disclaimer: My child is not wearing her cute Halloween gear (sigh) for a good cause: it's Red Ribbon Week and today was "wear red" day...she (my only one, so I run with this sorta thing) will be aaall decked out tomorrow, and the next day...don't worry about it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So True. You two are ADORABLE. I didn't volunteer last year when I was pregnant and sick. It's sooo nice to be back in the classroom. Kayden is thrilled. He still gives me a little kiss goodbye. I have to suck it up while I can. These years are going too fast.

Carrie said...

Hopefully Jane will allow me to give her a hug AND a kiss when I volunteer in her classroom when the time comes. Although Carter and McKay love it when I come in to help out, there is no way I could ever squeeze in a hug, let alone a kiss! Your one lucky momma!