Thursday, October 14, 2010

Too fast

We just got our family pictures back and while I'm thrilled to have them done(and glad the planning is now behind me)...I was struck with bittersweet emotions while looking through them.

My children are getting big. They are definitely no longer babies and Chase isn't a toddler anymore, for sure. Inside I heard a voice screaming, "IT'S GOING BY TOO FAST!"

Aaron and I walked around the Pumpkin Patch with them last night and reminisced about how it used to be back in the day when we couldn't go anywhere without our double stroller, diaper bag, wipes...and where we followed closely behind a 4 year old, 2 year old and a very stubborn 1 year old. On one hand it seems like yesterday and then I look at a picture like this and realize that it really was years ago! Whoa.



But this age of 7, 5 & 4 is sooo much fun and we are enjoying most every day of it :)

5 comments:

Angela said...

Ah! I love how your outfits turned out! I hope you love them too :) and I'm glad you all did a goofy faced one, those are seriously the best. And I'm totally with you there on how after getting your pictures done you realize how fast time really is going. . . we had that experience with our family pictures this time round too. Your family is sure cute and I'm glad you are enjoying this stage in your life :)

Emily said...

Sounds like your ready for another one! lol. LOVE the pictures! Can't wait to see them all. Beautiful!!! ; )

Rochbug said...

What great pictures, where did you take them? Very cute family!

Amber said...

Ooh- Marcy, I feel the same way!!! (About time going so fast that is.) And I'm with you on the fact that I like it, yet it saddens me. My youngest is about to turn 3 and won't be a toddler much longer!! I love the colors you wore too. We're getting our pics taken in a few weeks and I've been needing ideas!

camille said...

perfection!!! Those pics couldn't have turned out better. Oh, what a gorgeous group you are! Love!!!