Tuesday, April 13, 2010

First grade

Spencer is having a ball in the First Grade. He loves his teacher, loves his friends and loves going to school.

A few weeks ago was "Wacky Wear" day at school. Spencer was the special helper that week in his class and had the opportunity to walk around the play ground to ask people if they were participating in "Wacky Wear" day later on in the week. He got to keep a tally with a clipboard and everything.

(Oh the little things, eh?)

When he got home from one day of tally-ing he said, "Mom, some people don't want to dress up, but WHY would they not want to dress up? It's gonna be SO fun!" I love that at this age he's still his own person and not easily swayed one way or another.

So come Friday, he was thrilled to pick out his OWN outfit and go to "Wacky Wear" day. Here he is in all his glory, by the way, these pictures were not staged. Goof.






And then yesterday was his teacher, Mrs. DiBene's birthday. Because I'm his class librarian once a week, I've had the opportunity to get to know her fairly well and I just really love her. She's such a kind-hearted and compassionate teacher and we're so glad he's had such a good year with her in this class.

Sunday night the kids and I decorated this poster for her door. All three kids had a ball doing hand prints, helping me stick down stickers and Spencer wants the world to know he blew up almost all of these balloons himself. Quite the task for a seven year old.


Yay for fun memories of the First Grade!!

4 comments:

Moka said...

He is so cute. I love your Easter pic on your header!

Tamie said...

I have an awesome cousin! Your blogs are great Marcy.

Carrie said...

Way to go on the poster! And tell Spencer that I think he looked awesome for wacky wear day!

Kim Messick said...

Super cute! Love the Easter Egg Header! Makes me smile!