Trying to get caught up. Here it goes!
A week ago Chase turned three! It was great to have Aaron's mom in town for the event. We had great fun while she was here.
On Friday, September 18th Chase got to take treats to preschool. He shopped for the cookies and frosting himself:.jpg)
Decorated them.jpg)
obliged his mother with a photograph before preschool.jpg)
Later that night, we hit Chuck E. Cheese with Grandma McLendon and Grandma & Grandpa Duncombe to celebrate. It wasn't crowded at all, the adults got salad bars (okay and slipped in a few slices) and we all got to go crazy playing the games. It was such a great night. Here's a glimpse into the fun:.jpg)
His cake this year was Thomas the train (per his request) and even though I thought it would be SO easy it was SO hard! The top of the cake kept sliding all over the place and well, it's reeally lopsided and I was amazed it made it to the festivities. But he didn't seem to notice and it tasted really good, so all was well.
On his real birthday, Saturday, September 19th he woke to a banana french toast breakfast. .jpg)
.jpg)
He then played with his toys, went to his brothers soccer game and then said goodbye to his parents as they flew to Washington DC for a getaway. What kind of mother leaves her baby on his birthday to go on a trip? Uh, me. But he didn't seem to notice (or care) and Aaron and I were off on a fun adventure. Pictures of that to come if I can ever find the time to blog about it.
All in all it was a great birthday celebration for my baby. He's growing so fast, learning so many words, learning to be more independent. It's a bittersweet time for me. I love him so much. He's still our most spirited child (doubt that will ever change) and gives me a run for my money most days, but I'm so smitten with my green eyed toe-head and I'm so grateful he's mine.
Things I want to remember about Chase at this age:
He stares most everyone down instead of smiling
It's almost impossible to get him to look at you for a picture
He loves his sister and loves to play house
He says when he's older he's going to be a doctor but not give anyone shots
He says his "c" sounds as "t" sounds...so America is AmeriTa and car is "Tar"
His favorite treat is frozen yogurt
He loves any kind of fruit you put in front of him
He hates celery and swimming.
He sleeps with Elmo and his stuffed Lizard and still wakes up at least once a night afraid of monsters.
We love you Chase! Happy Birthday big guy!
Oh and just because this is funny, check out this mosaic of Chase's SECOND birthday last year...look close at the shirt he was wearing at his party that day:.jpg)
Does his shirt look familiar? Yep, how did I manage to pull out the same exact shirt for him to wear for his 3rd birthday that he wore for his 2nd? LOL, it made me laugh. Gotta love hand me downs. That shirt has had a ton of use since Spencer wore it---even making an appearance on two special days a year a part!
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Chase's 3rd birthday
Posted by Marcy at 8:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I cannot believe he's 3 already!! We love Chuck E. Cheese and find that WE are the ones that come up with excuses to take the kids there! lol.
Ok. My first immediate though was, man, she's a FANTASTIC mom! You always make birthdays so special. I wish you were here to make me banana french toast on my birthday. Darn Utah. And I can't believe Chase is 3!!?? Where did the time go. Such a little stink, but man, that kid is CUTE!!!! Love you bubbies!!!
that is so cute! and GREAT job on the cake, it looks adorable!!
Um, have we ever realized Jt and Chase have the same birthday? awesome boys born on sept 19th for sure!
speaking of awesome... you are quite awesome! what a fun mom you are!
Looks like it was a a fun birthday! I love the letters on the cupcakes. Can't wait to see/read about your trip!
Post a Comment