Wednesday, July 22, 2009

OC Mud run

This last Saturday I participated in the Orange County 5K Mud run with some of my girlfriends. I'm SO not a runner...so let's be honest, this was more of a speed walk at times(though I gave it my best "non-trained" effort) but I had a blast doing it and appreciate the support of my girls!



Our race didn't start until 12:30 and it was BLAZING hot. Seriously, it was so hot. In the upper 90s for sure, with no shade and we were running the first part of the race in the parking lot on asphalt (so not fun) but once we got to the mud and obstacles, it was a lot more fun!






We jumped over hurdles, ran through mud pits that made our shoes feel 10 pounds heavier, army crawled through the mud & sandy tunnels, and my personal favorite: wading through water up to your waist in a man made lake. We got to do that 3 times and while I thought that would be awkward and hard, it was the most refreshing part of the course!

Here's a glimpse into the fun that was had:












Thanks so much to Aaron, my kids and my folks who stood out in the heat to see me run by for a few seconds. It was so much fun to see them there cheering me on and to see the look of, "WHAT is Mom doing?!" on the faces of my children. It was classic. Chase wouldn't even come near me after the race. Hilarious.

Here's to next year!

8 comments:

The Hyer Family said...

This doesn't quite fit the picture-perfect mold of the OC girl--pretty, always put together, perfectly coiffed and dressed--come on OC, don't let us down! Great post...sounds so fun (and I'm just kidding about the OC girl, well, sort of.)

Carrie said...

How fun! Next year for sure I am coming down and running it with you! And, might I add, that you look FABULOUS all covered in mud, you HOT MAMA!!

Elizabeth said...

I love the pictures! I'm soo glad you had fun!

Valley Girl said...

looks like soooo muh fun... next year i am sooo in!

Barbara said...

It really was so nice to see your family on the sidelines cheering for you (and us)! Good times had by all. Thanks for the fun girl!

Crystel said...

That looks like a ton of fun! Good for you for doing it!

camille said...

Hey sexy girlfriend!!! You are awesome and I'm so proud of you and the rest of those girls for manning up and taking on the heat and mud. I'm glad you had a blast! You rock!

Laura Ek said...

That looks like it was actually a lot of fun. I'll have try next summer and hope that it's not 90 degrees! Good job Marcy!