Wednesday, December 3, 2008

a love note

Dear Babe,

I'm so sorry that while away on your business trip you got sick with the stomach flu, couldn't make your scheduled flight to come home because you were too sick, spent an extra day in a strange hotel room with only 11 channels of TV to watch, no Tivo, and no one to take care of you. I'm so glad you are feeling better today and are going to give coming home another try. We miss you. No one more than Leda. She's had me sing the song, "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home" to her every night these last three nights during her high-maitenance-tuck-in-bed ritual she always makes us do. Truth be told, it's kinda getting old. I'm ready for you to perform the song (and tuck) for her in person.

Love you,

Marcy

6 comments:

Aubrey Messick said...

for your sake, and leda's sake, i hope he makes it home soon. :)

The Hyer Family said...

poor Aaron! And poor Marcy! Yes, Kate got it too on Sunday...hurled all over the floor...was sick for 2 days, but doing fine now!

SUMMER said...

Oh no! Everyone has this right now! Poor guy!

Amanda P. said...

I'm so sorry about the rough week. Hopefully he is home now and things have settled down for everyone.

Elizabeth said...

that totally stinks for Aaron! hopefully he's home safe by now!

Carrie said...

So glad he is home now, but wasn't it a little bit nice that he was far far away while he was sick not infecting anyone else at home?? Welcome home Aaron. Sorry you got the puke bug. Tis the season!!