Who knew that a happy family that started the day looking like this:.jpg)
with a cute little boy so proud for setting the kids table all by himself:.jpg)
Would end the day (an hour after turkey-dinner) with two kids up-chucking all over grandma and grandpa's living room carpets (within five minutes of each other!) and looking like this?.jpg)
.jpg)
These two continued to be sick until 2am Friday morning, and then I came down with it at 8am and was sick the entire rest of the day. I could barely turn myself over in bed, it was miserable! It was so strange how quick it came on! Thankfully, Aaron was off of work so he took good care of us all. Leda and I are on the mend, though Chase is still acting fluky and I'm not sure what's up with him, poor guy. But so far Aaron and Spencer haven't been hit---we're keeping our fingers crossed.
I'm not surprised at all that sickness hit, even though my kids were perfectly fine all day and even ate all their food at dinner. At least one of us has been sick and puking each and every Thanksgiving for the last four years, and that is not a joke! Chase's first Thanksgiving (he was 8 weeks old) we were ALL sick and in bed. That was the absolute worst!
But all sickness aside, thanks Mom for a fabulous dinner (glad we were able to enjoy it) and for the Smiths and Hyers for joining us that day. We had such a great time visiting and being together with your fun family.
I hope your Thanksgiving was happy and uneventful!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Happy Thanksgiving!?
Posted by Marcy at 10:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
that is so sad Marcy! Im so sorry you guys all got sick! Chase Leda's faces are classic! they look like they threw up right before you took the picture!! Poor kids!
First off, that picture of the fam on the steps of mom and dads house is great! You look awesome and I REALLY want that outfit!! I think you should send that out as your Christmas card this year! Second, I am SO sorry that everyone was so sick for Tutkey day! At least you got to eat all the goods before you all started puking!! Christmas will be better..... as far as the sickness goes. Love you all!
Oh and I LOVE the new look of the blog! The family picture of you all walking on the beach is fabulous!
Oh man! That is a real bummer. It's been going around here too, but Ethan had it two weeks ago. Luckily, we had no sickness on Thanksgiving Day.
Cute background! And cute pictures (even if the kids were sick).
Throwing up kids is the worst! You are so helpless and just have to watch them be so miserable. I am glad to hear you are on the mend. Good luck!!
I can't believe we both has such bad luck with people getting sick. Hope your kids are feeling better now.
That is so so so sad! I am bummed that you got sick! But guess what, the SAME thing happened to us! I feel like so many people got sick! that is seriously so sad!
Oh how awful... that is the worst! I'm so sorry!!!
oh darn it! I'm so sorry. we all got it, too, and I took it to my family in Sacramento. What a bummer! THose sure are cute little sick faces, though. I miss you! When can we hang out?!!
I couldn't help but laugh when I read that post. You are an excellent writer. But look on the bright side of things at least you didn't gain any holiday weight:)
Ohhh- I love your door picture too!!! Is that at Grma Linda's house?
Post a Comment