Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Kindergarten part one

Today was just the parent instruction day where we went to school with the kids for an hour, but nevertheless, it was still a big day for Spencer and his new backpack! I'm so glad we live across the street from the school and don't have to deal with car traffic.



He did get to hang out in his classroom for a bit by himself while we were "instructed". (It's a lousy shot, but the best one I got while standing at the door trying not to be annoying as a first time K-mom---he's in the back)



K is for Kindergarten...look at this grin!


Part two tomorrow: the BIG day where he gets to go four hours by himself AND bring his lunch box. He can't wait!

6 comments:

Lisa Webb said...

Yay for Spencer! I thought of you guys today. I took a morning walk and everyone was out headed to their first day of school, exicted in the air!
How are you holding up mom?

The Hyer Family said...

Good for Spencer! And good for you! Hang in there!

Roney Family said...

I am so excited. Spencer is going to do great. And I couldnt be more thrilled for him. I love that back pack!

Carrie said...

He is so big! I even got teary eyed! Good luck Spencer! You will do great! Marce- try not to bawl too much today! I'll be thinking of you both!

~April~ said...

I feel it. We went and met the teacher today and he had his "assessments" and did awesome.
He starts officially on monday... *cry* He wants to ride the bus.... *cryyyyyyyyyyy*

Hilary said...

Hope you are holding up ok!! My nephew starts on Monday and I can hardly believe he's in kindergarten already. Hang in there, you'll both do great!!