Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Preschool Graduation!


So Monday was bittersweet for me. I'm so excited for Spencer to go on to Kindergarten in the fall, but it means leaving behind Cottage Preschool (grandma's school) and that, for me, is hard! Cottage preschool began in 1985 and so this is the 23rd graduating class! My mom often receives High School and college graduation announcements from her previous alumni--how cool is that?

Grandma's house is a second home to him, and he's basically been going to preschool since he was born because I was an aide there for a while when he was a baby. He loves his teachers, his teachers love him, and mostly he loves his grandma. This is evident because each day before he leaves to go outside for recess, he insists on running to her office door to give her a hug before going out to play. I know Grandma will miss him there too. I love this age where he's at---so happy to learn and make new friends. And he's made some great ones at preschool this year, and it will be sad to leave them.

The graduation was so neat and of course I bawled. All 8 graduates marched in, did a question and answer session and got to show off how much they know (so cool and are they ever smart!)then got gushed over by their teachers, and we heard a few graduation songs performed from the kids that made us laugh and cry. What could be better? We got some really cute video, but I won't bore you with that. Here are some pictures of our special day.

Graduation class 2008! 8 of them moving on to Kindergarten-wow!



A few of the graduates with Miss Kelli


His graduation cupcake! Pretty much the motivation to graduate. ;)




His teacher Mrs. G and Grandma (aka Mrs. D)


Miss Josie-he's had three teachers to love him over the years. He'll miss them all!


Grandma and Grandpa M from Montana were here-that was so fun!


Grandma and Grandpa D


His best bud Garrick Foth


The boys...


Grandma and her boy


I just love this one. Thanks grandma for loving him so much and for giving him such a great start in school. We love you!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

congratulations Spencer! Those pictures are so cute and he's so lucky he got to have grandma be his teacher!!

Aubrey Messick said...

How fun! This brought back old memories for me. My little sister and brother went to school at Mrs. D's. Your mom is sooo great! :)

Barbara said...

That is adorable and so cool that your mom does that - I had no idea. I can't even imagine Kaen being that old yet...they grow too fast! Agh!

PJ and Julie said...

so cute. I love that they all wears caps! giv him big hug from me...I'm pretty sure he misses seeing me at core!

camille said...

SOooooo cute! I love those pics. Spencer sure is a smarty pants and is going to charm the heck out of his new teachers in kindergarten. I wish Kai and him could go to the same one. Love that one of him, Garrick and Kai.