Friday, February 15, 2008

Our UT trip!

Well, we're back!

Aside from the fact that when we arrived in UT, my nephew McKay and BIL Philip were sick...and Spencer now seems to have caught the bug, we had a GREAT trip! We got to do so many fun things and spending time alone with just Spencer was priceless. Thanks babe for taking off a few days to be with the other kids at home.
The day we were due to leave to come home (Tuesday), Spencer got a fever (101.5) and said his tummy hurt. Lovely. So I called JetBlue in hopes to change our flight and found out it was going to cost me $200 to do so. Ya, no thanks. So as much as I hated to do it, I dragged him on the plane at 8pm at night fully expecting a puke fest on isle 25...but he did great. We made it home and the puking began at 3am. But at least we made it home!!
Thanks to my sister Carrie for a wonderful time. I'm planning on going back up there the end of March (sans kids!) to help Carrie for five days when little Gabe joins their family. I can't wait for that! Thanks also to my cousin Tamie and her husband Ryan who hosted a yummy breakfast of coconut/banana pancakes and a fabulous day with the cousins!
Aside from returning home with a sick kid and humungous big house envy---oh and even more backyard envy (sigh), I'm so glad that we went. It was a great time! Here's a few pics of our trip:
Leaving for Utah! We rode on the plane with an Osmond, though not sure which brother it was. I was trying not to stare and have it look obvious I knew who he was, but it was kinda cool! lol
Just arrived and all bundled up in Aunt "Kiki's" car! He was SO excited, but this CA boy didn't know what hit him. It was COLD there at 11pm at night!

Aunt "Kiki" (Carrie) and her boys!
Sleeping in the sleeping bag at his cousins house was one of the highlights!


Dinner with my Grandma, Uncle Rob, and his girlfriend, Blythe
We met my friend Megan Wayman (Hill) at Ikea. We had so much fun. Megan is pregnant with her second boy (why didn't I get a pic of her Oliver?! He's so cute!) and it was so fun to eat, shop and get caught up.
My sister Carrie, cousin Tamie, me, and cousin Katie
The cousins LOVED Tamie's house because they had a rollercoaster there! They took a sleeping pad and slid down the long stairs to their basement. They couldn't get enough it, it was so fun!
Me and my beautiful sister Carrie (36 weeks pregnant)


Spencer helping to build an igloo in my cousin Tamie's backyard!
It was funny, because Spencer was the only boy to not walk on the sidewalk the entire weekend. Whenever he had the chance he took off through the snow.
Us at the Dinosaur museum at Thanskgiving Point
Spencer and Mom
They had this neat room there where they could build things with wet sand. Spencer had a blast!

10 comments:

~April~ said...

Looks like you had an awesome time!

Hillary said...

My kids LOVED Thanksgiving Pointe when we went there this past summer! They especially loved the area with the wet sand! Sorry Spencer caught the bug, but I'm so glad you had such a fun trip!

Erin said...

What a fun Utah trip. And you're going back! You must have a great husband to take so much time off of work to be with the kids (and I bet he enjoys every minute of it).

Elizabeth said...

That looks like so much fun! I need one of those trips, but maybe by myself! :)

Hilary said...

Yeah, I've been waiting for this post!! I'm so glad you had such a fun time. Megan looks great, loved seeing her!! Seeing you and Carrie together makes me miss you guys so much and all the memories of living next door come rushing back. Hope Spencer feels better soon and I hope you don't get it!

The Hyer Family said...

So fun...I LOVED the pics...it'll be fun to go back next month!

Emily said...

Such cute pictures!! So sad to hear the kids were sick. What a bummer....but I'm sure they still had a blast together!! Carrie is the cutest pregnant girl ever! Glad you are back safe.

Lisa Webb said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome time. I totally remember sliding down my cousins stairs in utah when I was a kid, must be something in the water!
Glad you like my maiden name! I think its a great boys name. Everyone told us we should name landon, spencer but for me its kinda werid, just cause!
Yes for sure when Im not knocked up anymore we'll go for sushi!

SUMMER said...

Looks so fun! It was fun to see Carrie!!! Pregs with number 3? That is great!!!

Sara Decker said...

What a fun trip, i bet he will remember that trip for a long time. I get house envy everytime i go to Utah too. But we live by the beach and don't have to deal with snow, right?