I'm room mom in Leda's First Grade class this year. It's been a lot of fun. Between doing that, and volunteering doing music once a week, I've been fortunate to get to know her teacher fairly well and the kids know me as well. I love this.
Leda and I painted Mrs. White's room door and had SUCH fun doing it together. I'll be honest: at first I hadn't considered her helping me with this...but she happened to come inside as I was starting and begged to help. Then I was a little embarrassed I didn't think of that in the first place!
I also wanted to create a gift from the class to Mrs. White on the last day of the week. I met with the kids earlier and asked them to tell me something they loved about Mrs. White or First Grade. I got some great answers. My favorite was "She helps us get unstuck when we're stuck!" cute. I then took their answers and converted them into "one word only" and then created this. I love how it turned out!
I then sneaked in the school line-up before school began one day and asked all the kids to sign the back. Love those signatures!
What a year of change this has been for our family and I'm SO grateful that this school year has been a good one for all of us. I LOVE the school. And you can't beat just 20 kids in Leda's class. I'll take that number any day!
And this was Spencer's teacher, Mrs. Gourley's door. So creative, I think!


0 comments:
Post a Comment