Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hey, Utah!


You ready for five more?

It's been kinda crazy around here. And many of you know our news...but for those of you who don't (who still reads this blog?)---we're moving to Utah!

Aaron has an opportunity to take the same job/position he's had (and loved) for nearly 9-years and move it to Salt Lake City.

And now that my family lives around there, and his family lives near-er to there...it's a win/win for us.

Of course it's bittersweet, too. Leaving California and this beautiful place we've called home for 11 years--- filled with lots of good friends, our children's friends (insert pain in heart) and all those sweet, sweet memories is hard. Very hard. But with this move comes hope for our little family's future, accompanied with the happiness to be able to grow up with cousins.

"make new friends, but keep the old"...was a line from a song Leda sang at the K concert this week,
and boy does that ring true for me right now.

My heart is full of so much gratitude for those that I love and those of you who I will miss dearly. You know who you are. Thank you for your support and for loving me and my family! xo

Here's to the McLendons next chapter---I think we're ready!

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow Marcy!! That's fabulous news.

Barbara said...

Oh how I love you! My heart aches when I think about you moving, but I am very excited for this new adventure for your family. You can take the family out of CA but you can NEVER take the CA out of a family. So no worries about where you are moving. ;)

Brooke Wilkins said...

I am not ready at all! I am going to miss you so much! You will always be a california girl!

Unknown said...

Wow! that is big news. Congrats! Now I'll get to see you more often. Happy, Happy! I'm sure it's hard to leave, but your family is so wonderful that I know you'll thrive anywhere you go. Now we are truly the odd family out. It's our turn right?

Meli T said...

Good luck sweet Marcy! I'll miss you tons. Let's do lunch when I'm in Utah.

Angela said...

Well Utah is ready! Haha! Well at least I'm sure your awesome sister and mom! It'll be fun having you here! I hope your experience is wonderful and the adjustment goes quickly and smoothly. It's fun having a new adventure, right? Life is always unpredictible where we end up or where the Lord puts us! :)