So today Spencer and Leda headed back to school after a nice 2-week Holiday break. Spencer off to Mrs. Hepner's 2nd grade class and Leda off to Mrs. Brown's Kindergarten.
Which left me and the bubs (and his cute bedhead) to our lonesome.
(Which I fully admit is a bit lonesome)
And I wanted to document some things about my school-aged children this morning.
At 6:45am when my awful alarm clock went off, it was rainy and wet outside and warm and dark inside.
I just hated that I had to wake Spencer. But when I did, he was up and at 'em. Just like that. A bit groggy, but ready to take on the day.
Chase was too (grrr) despite my best effort to coax him to go back to bed while he still could.
Then Leda heard our rustling next door and she was up too. I also tried to coax her back to bed, as Kindergarten didn't start for hours yet. Yet at the sound of my coaxing voice, she broke down into a million tears and pouted about a) my request for her to go back to bed and b) that it was "return to school day".
Man alive are these two ever different. Spencer only cries if there's blood or if Uncle Rob and Aunt Blythe go back to UT after a nice Christmas visit.
Spencer was out the door with a grin. To be fair, the grin was not much about school starting, but the fact that he had chosen today to eat a school lunch (he gets school lunch once a week) AND I had finally given him the a-okay to order a "fruit 66" drink at lunch today. Apparently it's what all the cool kids are drinking.
Leda on the other hand, proceeded to be whining and clingy all morning long. And when it was time to get dressed in the outfit she had picked the night before: there were a million and a half reasons why the outfit wouldn't work today. But I stuck to my guns. (and stretched out her leggings because they were too tight on her ankles--insert eye roll)
Next, I let her pack her own snack and kindly filled a water bottle with gatorade as a "treat" since she was so wary about being back in school. Upon school arrival, I was expecting a full on break down, but nope! Out the car door she bounced. All smiles while saying, "There's my friend!" and "BYE MOM!! See ya later!"
HOW does she turn on a dime like that? Stinker.
Which left me with this one. Building puzzles and practicing how to say the word "cereal" as "seeeeeareal" (Bubs has some speech things going)
And although he's my stinker of all stinkers, it's been a nice quiet morning with my Chase. And he doesn't seem too affected by being sibling-less. At least not yet. He does at least have puzzles and seeeareal to distract.
Here's to a New Year and back to routine!
Monday, January 3, 2011
And then there were two...
Posted by Marcy at 9:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Someone in my house got those same puzzles for christmas. They are cool.
Post a Comment