Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Quiche

Or anytime Quiche.

I tried this recipe (from my friend, Beth Blackwelder) years ago and I just love it.

It's pretty tasty and not terribly "eggy"...in fact, it only has 2 eggs in the entire recipe!


My changes are noted

QUICHE

1/2 cup Mayo (I use light)
2 Tablesoons flour
1/2 cup Milk
2 eggs, beaten
8 ounces swiss cheese (I use about 12 ounces)
1 cup of either mushrooms, diced ham, broccoli, bacon or combo of ingredients
(I only ever add about 8 slices of cooked/crispy bacon cut up and 1/2 a box of frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry)
1/8 cup green onions (I use one bundle)
1 unbaked 8" pie crust (I use 2 8" pie crusts)



Mix mayo, flour, milk together in a bowl. Then add the beaten eggs and mix. Add the cheese and other ingredients. Add spices to taste (Thyme and pepper is all I add. It needs no salt b/c of the bacon)

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

I've found that this above recipe makes enough for TWO 8" pie crusts.

I don't have a picture of them cooked, but un-cooked you get the idea of the yumminess.

0 comments: