Our first official family bike ride, on a real trail, on our own individual bikes...occurred this weekend.
It was awesome.
And occasionally while riding, Aaron and I would glance at each other and grin. We were both pretty excited that our kids were now old enough to ride all by themselves (no bike trailers!) and actually keep up and enjoy themselves!
Good, good times.
(I really wish the light wasn't hitting Aaron here the way it was)
(not sure why I'm all contorted the way I am here, but I was on a bike ride and not ready to pose to Aaron's camera phone, so I digress...look at the cuteness of the kiddos, please)
I think Leda, in all her respective bling, would be totally safe to ride alone at night. She has enough reflective gear for ALL of us.
Spencer is a bike riding stud.
And little Chase, in his black socks (bless his heart) kept up real good despite having the smallest wheels in the group!
And at the end, it was determined that we may have been a little too ambitious our first time out...so while Dad stayed with kids on the side of the road, Mom rode her bike back all alone :) to get the van to rescue the weary (aka: Leda, a little bit of Chase, but mostly Leda)
But all in all, a good time was had by all!
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Bikin'
Posted by Marcy at 9:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yay! Biking is so fun! Their little legs will get used to it.
So fun Marcy!!! I don't even have my own bike but the kids do. Maybe I'll ask Santa for a bike for Christmas... ha ha ha.
I'm excited to get to that point as well! How fun- I love bike rides!
Post a Comment