I know we all have our definition of the word difficult; but to me, difficult is my Chase. He is quite stubborn, independent and very strong-willed. Always has been. He's also my loudest child, hardly ever stops talking or singing and loves to bug his siblings. He's very smart and capable of doing many things, but even asking him to do the simplest of tasks (this morning it was asking him to take off his pull up and put on underwear) ends up in a fight of some sort---most days. .jpg)
.jpg)
So this weekend while Aaron has been MIA, I've been particularly struggling with my Chase.
I was talking with my Mom (in her home) about how to better get a grip, when she suddenly got up from where we were sitting to grab a book off of her bookshelf. She brought it over to me and before showing me the title of the book, she had me open the front inside cover.
Inside the book, it had a sticker that read this:.jpg)
In case you can't see that clearly, it reads: "this book belongs to Linda Duncombe, July 1979"
For those who do not know, I am my parents oldest child and in July 1979 I was about to turn 2 years old. Then she told me to flip the book over and read the title printed on the spine:.jpg)
"The Strong-Willed Child" by Dr. James Dobson"
Ya, Mom and I had a long, good laugh.
I suppose the saying is true: the apple doesn't fall far from the tree :/
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Strong-Willed Child
Posted by Marcy at 10:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
haha I love it!
Oh my goodness, I love it!
LOL!!!
That's great Marcy! I think I need that book for Kamaryn :)
Too funny! I laughed pretty hard when you told me this story! Although to you, it probably isn't that funny, right? For you, it's reality!
My 3rd child is that way too! She's also very violent- even beats on kids during nursery. I may need that book!
You have such a great sense of humor, Marcy!
Oh Marcy...that is such a cute story. Gotta love that little guy! At least you have your mom to completely understand and know what you are going through. It's funny how we say to our kids that one day we hope they will truly understand what it was like to raise them. Everything comes full circle doesn't it! Hang in there!
Hysterical!!! And, SEE...you turned out to be the easiest, most agreeable, well mannered girl ever! Little Chase is too cute! That is awesome, M!
What goes around comes around eh?
Post a Comment