Monday, March 8, 2010

Leprechaun

Tonight while doing First Grade homework with Spencer, I noticed one of his challenge spelling words this week was

"L E P R E C H A U N".



I said, "Whoa! That's a really hard word!"

Spencer: "Ya, my teacher can spell it without even looking, she just writes it on the board real fast like this!" (hands waving in the air)

"Hmm, I don't even think that I know how to spell the word Leprechaun!"

"Well ya Mom, that's why you're not the teacher and you're just the Mom."

(at this moment Aaron busts up laughing at the sink. Thanks, babe)



I guess I did set myself up for that one! But I had news for him: This Mom is one heck of a teacher (insert pat on the back), even if I didn't know how to spell the word leprechaun :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

ha! that is so cute Marcy! And i bet you are a great teacher like your mom!!

Carrie said...

Cute, cute, cute! And yes! Your one heck of a teacher! You teach me every single day of my life and have been doing so for the past 31 years!!!

Crystel said...

Love it! Don't think I'd know how to spell it either. And I couldn't be a teacher not only because I'm a 'mom', but I've been told that my behind jiggles when I write on a chalk board... yeah, can't be a teacher.