Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentines

Truth be told, I don't particularly care for Valentines.

Not the actual Valentine's day, just the itty-bitty valentines & envelopes that make a trash trail all over my house (x3) and also the fact that they come accompanied with sticky candy that I promptly take away from my kids to reserve, but then they proceed to beg for them all.the.live.long day.
(and yet here I am allowing my kids to give out sticky candy, but I digress)


I do enjoy seeing my kids take great care in signing their names on their Valentine Cards to give to their friends. Even Chase. I give him an A for effort.





And I do especially enjoy handmade cards given to me by my Spencer last night, who did this all on his own while making his Valentine Can for school.

"I love Mom and I love Dad"

(take note that Mom was written first...just sayin')
It warmed my heart and made me love and appreciate Valentines for the sweet, honest truths that they share. And his valentine was accompanied with a sticky-kiss. That's way better than candy. Chocolate, even.

(and for the record, that's not a coffee can, it's a food storage can. How Mormon is that?)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Aaron has a top secret date planned for Saturday night. I was told weeks ago to book the sitter and to even plan to wear a dress. Fancy shmancy! Can't wait. My Valentine is a hotty.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

how fun that you get to go on a secret date on saturday, i'm sooo jealous! have fun marcy!!

Carrie said...

I second your feelings about Valentines Day. Really, it's just another day to hopefully boost the economy. But, its all for the kids, right? For what it's worth, the kids are so stinkin cute!!! Glad they had fun!