Will this kid ever stop giving me a run for my money?
I don't think so.
The other night he sure had us hopping. A few hours after being tucked into bed, he woke up coughing (honestly had not been sick, not even a runny nose) and it was a bad case of the croup.
Now, I'm not a "nervous nellie" when it comes to croup. I know the drill: cool air, get them outside if you can, give him his breathing treatment if needed...as you can see, I've been through this once or twice with him before. But after 30 minutes of attempting all of the above, nothing was working, so we headed to the ER.
I kept the soundtrack to "Glee" (yep, he loves it!) and the light on in the back of the van to try to keep him calm on our way, as all he wanted me to do was hold him and I couldn't very well do that while I was driving the car. Poor baby. This was his worst croup attack to date.
Soo, two breathing treatments, a shot of steroids, three nurses, one doctor, a midnight visit from Grandma so she could give him a kiss (ahhh) and one private viewing of "A Toy Story" later, we were on our way home at 2am. .jpg)
.jpg)
Nothing like zoning out to "Buzz" at 1am, without the interuption of your siblings to take your mind off of things, eh?.jpg)
I counted up in my head on the way home that this was Chase's fifth trip to the ER since his birth. This guy really does like to keep us on our toes! Well, it's that, or it's that he really likes to see us drop our $100 copay at Mission Hospital while receiving VIP treatment.
Nevertheless, we are grateful for good care and that Bubs is on the mend...with an appointment next week with an allergest to get to the bottom of his woes.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Oh Chase.
Posted by Marcy at 8:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I'm sorry! That stinks! We're becoming quite tight with our allergist also--we were there for the 3rd time yesterday...poor Charlie has such bad asthma and spent the long weekend tied to his nebulizer. His list of allergies is growing, just like Lauren's--sucks. We even did a 3 AM ER visit for his asthma---although it costs us more than $100, so you're lucky!
What a scare! I'm so glad your little Chase is ok. I hope the allergists are able to get to the root of the problem so there are no more late night ER trips for your little cutie!!!
Oh Man, no fun at all! Glad he is doing better!
oh how sad! Poor chase, i'm glad he's doing better! hang in there Marcy!!
oh my goodness! I'm glad he's okay! that is so not fun!
Aww! Poor Chase! Hope you can figure out what the deal is. Hugs.
oh WOW, Marcy! Poor little Chase and poor you! I hope you are all doing better...not sick and more rested!! What a night!
Poor little guy! The ER stinks, but glad that he is doing better. What is it with boys and the ER?!
I have the same issue with my 3rd boy. He's been in the ER and urgent care so many times in his 2 years of life, he knows the drill all too well...
Glad Chase is ok. Croup really can be scary. Glad you're getting to the allergist. They'll probably get him on pulmacort every night to avoid croup again. Keep us posted!
Post a Comment