Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"Science Experiment" Sundays

I hereby declare that from this time forward in the McLendon household; after church, Sundays will be called "Science Experiment" Sundays.

Here's why:

Since Spencer is growing up and learning more about freedoms (ie: playing in the front yard semi-unattended with other semi-unattended neighborhood children) he has officially decided that Sundays spent inside with his family are boooring.

Well, we can't have that, can we now...

So this past Sunday afternoon, I had the (genius) idea on how we could put an end to the mopiness and make the inside of our home, FUN!

Soooo, I whipped out out my trusty laptop, googled "science experiments for kids" and quickly found one that I had all the ingredients for. Aaron and I rallied the troops together (with their mopiest fearless leader) to create....

are you ready?


HOMEMADE LAVA LAMPS!!! Ta Da!

It was all very exciting. See for yourselves:



Spencer's favorite color is red

Leda settled in on yellow since we didn't want to mess with making pink


And blue for bubs (his turned too dark to see much, so here's one cute shot)


Here we are in action!



It was quite a success. I've told the kids that from now on we will conduct a family science experiment every Sunday afternoon. And I'm keeping the experiment a surprise until the big day. This Sunday we're going to make a rainbow...but shhh, cause remember they don't know it yet!

(and just in case you want to be as cool as us and make your own lava lamp with your children , go HERE

;)

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh! SOO CUTE!!! Your such a creative mom! I am so copying you! My kids are going to go crazy!!

Aubrey Messick said...

How fun! I'll have to remember this one for when I have kids someday!!!

Laura Ek said...

Very cute and creative Marcy!!

brooke said...

How cute! Way to make Sundays fun family time. I love it.

Stephanie said...

What an awesome idea :)

The Hyer Family said...

Seriously way cool...yes we've had the conversation about how long and boring Sundays can get and how we don't want to over-extend our welcomes at the parents' house! Great idea MArcy!