Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A new pet

So I'm trying not to laugh too loud as I type this, but this afternoon Spencer came home from school and informed me that he brought a ladybug home from school to be his pet.

I looked around for the lady bug (didn't see it crawling around on his hands or arms) and so I asked, "Well, where is this ladybug?"

"In my backpack."

"Uh, in your backpack. Seriously?"

And sure enough, when I unzipped it, it was crawling around on top of his lunchbox inside his backpack. What? (insert laugh)

So I asked him where we were going to keep this new pet and he said, "I have it all figured out Mom, come take a look!" and proceeded to walk me to our front yard.

So where is it's new home?


Here, have a look:




perhaps you need a closer look?




And yes, that is grass in there for it to eat. My kid has thought of everything...well, everything except for a name. He told me he'd think about that later. Right now he's hungry and wants his after school snack.

7 comments:

Emily said...

I'm cracking up! Sydney and gavin just put a bunch of rollie pollie's (sp?) and ladybugs in our mailbox! unfortunately, I wasn't aware until after church on sunday. A couple baked! Pets and us just don't mix! : )

Elizabeth said...

I love it! that is so cute, him and taylor would get along really well. She LOVES to collect bugs! that will be a nice treat for your mailman! hah!

Alice said...

That is too funny!

I love watching life through the eyes of my kids.

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh! Way to cute! I just love that way 6 yr old minds work! So simple. Love that kid!

~April~ said...

That is so sweet! We are the current owners of a caterpillar and are watching it closely so it can become a butterfly (came from school). But kids love everything don't they. Such a cutie!

Angela said...

Hahaha!! That is hilarious! Gotta love kids and their bright ideas! So cute!

Unknown said...

I love his ladybug story. Boys are so fun. Has he found a name yet? Is it still alive?