Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Phantom of the Opera



One of the reasons my mother in law was here for a visit the last week of January was because we had tickets to see Phantom of the Opera at the Pantages theater in LA. We were bummed Aaron, my Mom and my cousin Emily missed this night, but I was so happy to have my friend Malinda join us. She's a hoot! Aaron had to go on a last minute business trip, my Mom was in bed with pneumonia and Emily's baby Trey had RSV. Rotten luck, huh? We'd had these tickets for months.




We met up with my cousins for dinner at Antonio's---the best Mexican Restaurant we've tried in a long while. (click on the restaurant name for more info)



While we were eating, the owner of the restaurant (my Dad's client) came to our table and asked us if we wanted to meet Gwen Stefani who was dining in the next room over. My cousins and I were so excited! We said hello, chatted about kids for a sec and then left her alone to head back to our table where we giggled like schoolgirls after meeting a celebrity. lol

Here's my cute Aunt Joan (my dads sister) and cousin Nadine



We really enjoyed Phantom of the Opera. The music is just incredible of course, and our seats weren't too bad. Shirley and I both didn't LOVE it as much as we did Wicked, but were so glad to be able to see it.

And I couldn't post this without mentioning a special thanks to my friend Andrea who kindly watched my children for 8 HOURS (yes, 8. she's a saint) so I could get away with friends and family. I appreciate it more than you know my friend! xo

On our way out of the theater Shirley and I had to get a picture in front of the Phantom sign. A bit blurry, but you get the point and now our night of fun from a month ago is officially documented!

7 comments:

Crystel said...

Meeting a celebrity, a non-kid show, no kids... What an awesome night out!

Carrie said...

WOW! YOu didn't tell me about meeting Gwen Stefani!! Lucky duck! Glad you had fun.

Elizabeth said...

how fun! I love phantom of the opera, i haven't seen it since i was in 8th grade! I can't wait to go back there and see it again!

Tracy said...

Just yesterday we were listening to Phantom in the car on our way to Seattle (at the kids' request) and James and I were commenting how we both would love to see the Phantom on stage one day. I know almost all the music by heart, but I've never seen it on stage.

Marcie said...

What a fun night but too bad for those who couldn't go. Very cool to meet such a huge celebrity as Gwen Stefani!

Emily said...

LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!

Tamie said...

I love seeing what you guys are doing. You make me want to blog better. We're excited about Rob and excited there will be something to bring us all together. It's been a while.