Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hard lesson

Today was a tricky day, and despite my early morning trip to the grocery store to fully stock our pantry and fridge, we ordered pizza tonight and ate on paper plates.

Don't judge me.

Aaron and I like spice---lots of it. Tonight we ate our pizza topped with jalapenos like this:



Well, Leda insisted....no, more than insisted...what's the phrase? She wouldn't take no for an answer? She just had to try jalapenos on top of her pizza like us.

Have you ever tried "talking down" a very stubborn, smart and persistent three-year old an hour before bedtime? Well, it's pretty much impossible. And exhausting.

So Aaron gave in.

We warned her in advance that it would burn her mouth. She of course thought she knew better...ya, you see where this is going:





It was a little sad and a lot funny at the same time. Stinker. I quickly got her ice water (before I snapped these pics, don't worry) and she calmed down within a few minutes.

So now you know what a three year old looks like after they've just ingested a half of a jalapeno on a slice of pizza.

Hard lesson, poor little stubborn thing.

(yes Mom, I hear you. She's just like me. Oooh boy)

11 comments:

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Okay, too cute! That is hilarious. My kids love hot and spicy things. Wierd! Try milk to cool mouth down...for some reason it works really well. : ) Let's meet at boomers soon!!!

Lisa Webb said...

HA! She is so cute! I agree with the milk, it works really well! But I doubt there will be a next time, I think she learned that lesson!!! Landon loves dipping his food and when he wants salsa we let him try it even though we might think its to spicy. he usually decides once is enough but sometimes he surprises us and goes back for more, crazy kids!!! I love how you blog all of these moments, they will be so fun to look back on! Your such a stellar mommy!

PJ and Julie said...

I can't help but laugh at her cute little faces in those pictures...I know, so mean! but she is such a doll.

Marcy said...

Ya, I do recall that about the milk, and see that sippy she has in the pic? It's full of milk and we told her to drink...but she wanted ice water and only ice water to cool her mouth down. Yep, she's three! lol

Hillary said...

That is too hilarious, Marcy!! I love the pictures and how you can totally see the different phases she's going through. lol!!

SUMMER said...

FIRST OF ALL... THERE IS NO SHAME IN ORDERING PIZZA! THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT MARCY! SECOND, I LOVE HOT PEPPERS ON STUFF TOO! MY FAVE... THOSE BANANA PEPPERS. AND THIRD, POOR LEDA. SOMETIMES YOU JUST GOTTA LET THEM LEARN IF THEY ARE SO INSISTING ON TRYING IT OUT! CALL ME THIS AFTERNOON IF YOU GET A SEC

L said...

Awww... lol... she's so cute!

Carrie said...

Oh, I am laughing OUTLOUD!!! She really is a stinker! I don't think it was cruel at all! She wanted one and she got it! Man, her poor mouth must have been on FIRE!! I don't even eat one of those! WAY to hot! Well, Leda, lesson learned. Oh, and the next time anyone wants to try something hot, try washing it down with milk insetad of water. Water just spreads the heat around where as milk helps "cool it down".

camille said...

Heeeeheeeeheeeee! That is too funny. I wish I was there. I love those peppers, too. At least she like to try new things, EH?

jlbunting.com said...

Hi Marcy, yeah, I'm checking out your blog today. I can't help spying on all the cuties from the nursery. I just have to say, that is hilarious about Leda. I love it! I can picture her doing that. Thanks for sharing.
~Becky