Monday, November 10, 2008

Aunt "Kiki"



When I was little, I couldn't say the name, "Carrie" but I could say, "Kiki"...and this is how the name "Aunt Kiki" was born. It's never been anything else. In fact, my kids don't even know who who Aunt Carrie is, but they know and love their Aunt Kiki...even though Chase looks like he's being tortured above.

So when Aunt Kiki came into town this past Friday, with her baby Gabe in tow from Utah, my little family was THRILLED to see the two of them....course after Spencer and Leda ran through the house looking for Carter and McKay (so sad) but anyway, they were happy to see their Aunt and cousin Gabe.

This surprise has been in the works for a month now, and I was totally shocked to see her standing in my parents living room, here for the long weekend. I grabbed that baby right out of my moms arms and held him and cried. It was the first time I'd see him in months and months.



We had a great time. I just love my sister. I have no words to describe how important she is to me. My sister was my parents "surprise", born just 13 months after me (course they went through 7 years of fertility to get me, so who knew Carrie would be so easy? lol) and I know why she was born so close behind me...it's cause we NEED each other. I just love her so much, I'll stop there so I can see the computer screen clearly as I type.




I hope you had a good flight back to Utah tonight. But let the records show: I am still in a fight with you for moving there.

xo

8 comments:

Angela said...

Oh I'm so glad you all had fun! Carrie was so excited to surprise you! You two seem so close and I think that is so wonderful to have a sister like that. And yes that'd be hard to live so far away, but thankfully technology is wonderful! Again, I'm glad you had tons of fun!

Barbara said...

You are so cute. I don't have any sisters, and really have never wanted one. But hearing how close you are with your sister makes me wonder what I am missing out on. And for the record, you guys look like you could be twins!!

Carrie said...

Love you too Marce- So glad that we are as close as we are. It kills me to no end knowing that I am far away and can't just pop in when I want. I had SO much fun surprising you last weekend. It is definatley a weekend I will never forget! And I came home a better wife and mom because of it! Everyone mom/wife needs a few days "off" every now and again! Love you to pieces!!!! Kiss the kids for me! They are precious and I miss them already!!!

Unknown said...

You guys look so great! I am enjoying your blog. I wish my sisters and I were that close. I was too much of a brat when I was a teenager. Tamie and I are a lot closer now, but I still can't figure out how to connect with Katie. That is so special. Never stop taking care of each other.
Love,
Juliet

~April~ said...

You can definitely tell you two are sisters. So darn cute... both of you. I miss our talks my friend. Email me or something :)

Crystel said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to get together for the weekend. It is always fun to see a sister. :) You both look great!

Unknown said...

Marcy,
Somehow I subscribed to receive your comments from other people. Weird! Anyway, I unsubscribed. Sorry about that, Keep up the good work. I'll try to comment as often as I can now that I figured it out. I figured out how to make a cute blog backround after staring at yours for awhile. Thanks for the tips. I guess blogs are not private at all, so if I have something private to say, I'll e-mail you.
Love,
Juliet

camille said...

those are some pretty ladies! I love hearing how much you love you sister. You guys are both great, great, great. Sisters are so special!