Monday, September 22, 2008

Chase's birthday party.



Here's a list of things that you may not find interesting, but I want to remember about the night:

-Elmo cupcakes I made were a hit (way easier than a cake)...but why does Elmo have to be red? Red frosting does in fact, stain everything!
-Hawaiian Haystacks (one of Chase's favorites) were yummy even though an hour before serving dinner, I realized I'd forgotten to even start the rice cooking. Oops! But the backup minute rice that Aaron so kindly picked up from the store on the way home from work was not needed...yay for a speedy rice cooker.
-The two gifts Chase received (play food and tap n' turn bench) were much appreciated and loved. Thanks Grandma(s) and Grandpa(s)! Aaron and I were glad we kept the gifts to a minimum this year. A 2 year old only needs 2 gifts.
-Spencer didn't want to give Chase a kiss on the cheek...even though we always get a sibling picture taken that way. Spencer says that five year olds don't kiss baby BOY brothers.
-We were happy to have Luke and Johnny (our neighbors) join us for the cupcakes!
-Chase was afraid of the table set up and would only sit next to the table if he was on my lap.
-Leda still doesn't understand that the world doesn't revolve around her and that Chase's gifts were for HIM and not HER.

11 comments:

The Hyer Family said...

Marcy, you're so festive! Ok, Ok, I'll be festive even though Kate won't know the difference! I'm very impressed!

Elizabeth said...

those are the cutest cupcakes I've ever seen!!!

Brooke Wilkins said...

I am laughing at Leda! How cute and what a girl! I think that those cupcakes are ADORABLE!!!!

DaNae said...

How fun! I love the cupcakes!! I hear you on the colored frosting, for Macey's 2nd birthday we did a care bear cake, and the frosting was BRIGHT BLUE! Ugh. Our faces were stained for a week. :P

Charlotte said...

Happy Birthday Chase!! Sounds like you guys did it up right!

Lisa Webb said...

Happy Birthday Chase!!!

The cupcakes are adorable! I LOVE them! And Hawaiian Haystacks are MY FAV!!! Ask my mom I always make her make them! Your right about the presents 2 for 2 thats a great idea!

Roney Family said...

Adorable! Looks like he had a great birthday!!

Matt said...

What a cute b-day party! And fabulous cupcakes that YOU BAKED (I dare say that you're becoming a "BAKER"...gasp! When will you admit it, woman?!) Happy B-Day Chase!!!
(posted by Emily...not "Matt"...sorry)

Hillary said...

Those cupcakes turned out SO cute!! Great job! We'll be having Cambria's second birthday in November. I can't believe they're 2 already -- it doesn't seem like that long ago that we were commiserating with each other over how sick of being pregnant we were! ;)

L said...

Such cute cupcakes!!! You are amazing!

SeeCampbell said...

Those are the cooooolest elmo cupcakes I have ever seen. I couldn't help but laugh in delight. Marcy, you are an awesome mom. I wish I had the creativity you have with making birthdays FUN!!!!! I wish we were neighbors so I could borrow your ideas more easily!!!!! I miss having you as my visiting teacher!