Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day weekend

My moms friend has a beach house in Capo Beach, and she very generously let my folks borrow it for the three-day weekend. It was also my Dad's birthday, and we had such a great time hanging out. We didn't have the best weather (actually a bit cold) but we made the best of it and had a ball. On the coolest day we had chili and hot chocolate, and as it warmed we took full advantage of all kinds of BBQ-yum!

I'd stayed at this beach house before, but it'd been about 8 years since my last sleep over...so I was thrilled to get to bunk overnight twice! I shared a bed with Spencer, while Aaron offered to take the other kids home to sleep in their beds at night. It was such a nice treat to hang out with my folks and Spencer, watch movies, eat some junk food, and then sleep in the next morning. What a considerate husband I have to not give me any guff and take care of the other kids at night and bring them back to the beach the next day to play. Aaron's the best.

Spencer made friends with the boys next door that were here on vacation and we hardly saw him during the days, Leda was in heaven gathering rocks and running back into the back bedroom to watch Snow White whenever she wanted, and Chase just thought he was so big getting to toddle around and explore all by himself. It was such a memorable weekend. Thanks so much Carolyn-xoxo! Here are some pictures in random order cause I'm too lazy to put them in any kind of order:


This was the view from my feet. Gorgeous, eh? I finished a book this weekend lounging like this...


Leda escaping to the back bedroom to take in some Snow White. She loved the R&R in that big bed!


Daddy and Chase. Chase was such a cuddler all weekend-just bouncing back and forth between different laps


Leda collected all these rocks up and down the beach, and then sat here in this spot for quite a while just admiring her collection.

This is me and the kids in their Easter outfits. Why in their Easter outfits in May you ask? Because they were sick on Easter and it's been too hot to wear them ever since. So I pulled the clothes out this weekend and I finally got my picture shot with all three kids on our front steps. Granted this was taken after church, and I'd just taught RS and sweat off all my makeup...but ah well. Still a cute shot, huh?



Snuggling with Grandma on the bed on a Sunday afternoon. Nothing better. I remember doing this with my grandma....

Chase lounging outside with Grandma. He loved these chairs that he could climb up onto all by himself.


Spencer dug some major holes this weekend, and was quite proud of his work when he could fit inside them. He'd run and get me when he was finished so I could snap a picture. Turkey.

Grandpa took Spencer on a night walk to find "sea creatures that could bite your toes" Grandpa is SO cool, and Spencer had so much fun on their adventures.

These little beach chairs were a perfect fit for my cheeze-ball Chase

Okay, this is NOT one of Spencer holes, seriously...check out how big that hole is! We found it a few houses down already dug up one morning!


The kids quickly learned how to make this hole into a slide. Their backsides were SO dirty, I'm not sure I can save Leda's shorts-they're still soaking in woolite. lol


We got some bike riding in...


Love this smile.


Grandma and the room with a view. Even on a cloudy night it was gorgeous!


The boys loved to veg-out on the couch with their grandpa. Especially when Grandpa had fruit punch to share-Chase's face was stained for days.


Oh, and last but not least, on Saturday Leda's friend Maddie turned three and had a princess party. Leda had SO much fun. Thanks for the wonderful party guys! Leda's still talking about it, and we've painted her nails every day since. lol

5 comments:

Carrie said...

How fun!! Thanks goes to Carolyn for being such a kind and generous friend and letting you guys use her sand!! I miss the beach SO MUCH! Seeing those pic's makes me sad and really miss you guys! Thanks for keeping a blog so I can still be a part of it all! Love you tonz Marc!!

Elizabeth said...

What a fun weekend! it looks like your kids had a blast. I love the picture of you with your kids, it's adorable!

The Hyer Family said...

Honestly Marc, your kids are adorable...love that Chase...what a fun weekend!

~April~ said...

Looks like great fun! I miss chatting too.

Laura Ek said...

Is that Carolyn Huish' beach house? That is so funny, I've been there many times and I recognized the house! Isn't it heaven! I love how close it is to the water!!