Monday, March 17, 2008

Guilty pleasures...

Either I'm not that exciting lately, or people are just lurking and choosing to not post comments. Oh well, I'll choose to believe the latter, and just continue to talk to myself (and the few who let me know they're here).

So it's been a looong week. Aaron was gone last week to Texas (M-F), and came home with the flu and has been in bed (totally out of commission) for three days now with a 102.7 temperature on and off. Poor guy. But this post isn't about him (sorry, babe) it's about ME!

I feel like I've been going and going and sometimes am surprised that I even remember to breathe for myself. Tonight after tucking the kids into bed (after a fun St. Patrick's Day "green dinner" complete with an FHE Easter egg hunt about Christ) and ALSO after tucking Aaron into bed (with a foot rub to boot!) I was desperate to do something for myself...so what did I do?

At 9:30pm I made a McDonald's run.

That's right. My guilty pleasures: A McDonald's cheeseburger with a small fry.

Oh and the fries were gone by the time I reached the gate to my housing tract.

And wait, there's more! To top it all off: I cranked up the local radio stations country music and sang my little heart out round-trip! Yes country music and yes, I did sing my heart out (great songs tonight). I learned to LOVE country while attending college at Utah State University. This little known fact still bugs the crud out of Aaron...and what's up with that? A Montana boy, born and raised, who doesn't appreciate country music? Aaanyway.

So there you have it. A McDonald's cheeseburger, small fry and country music made me feel SO much better tonight. A little date night with myself! lol. I never do this either, I can't recall the last time I ate McDonalds. Oh wait, yes I do. It was for Spencer's birthday in January, but I had a salad. I swear it.

Okay,so fess up! What are your guilty pleasures?

19 comments:

camille said...

You, my friend, are anything but boring! You are so hilarious and quite a talented writer, I might add. Love your confessions about Mickey D's. I have to say that nothing beats that little cheeseburger. So, good for you. You deserve it...especially after a husband foot rubbing. You are too nice. I always make Jared tickle my legs, back, etc. but when he asks me I'm like,"Ah man!" What a sweet wife you are!

Elizabeth said...

hello you are definitely not boring! How fun that you made a green dinner and put the kids on an easter egg hunt, that is so cute. I can't believe you gave your husband a foot rub too, you are so flippin nice to do that! Anyway, you asked me about the iron rod and the white cabinet, the iron rod in my bathroom is from cost plus, and the white cabinet is from home goods! hopefully you can find that one, the iron rod at cost plus should still be there!

~April~ said...

That's awesome, Marcy! I wish I could justify a McDonalds run... it sounds yummy right now. And I LOVE country music too! Whoohoo!

Alisa said...

I am a country music lover too! I'm glad you did something for you. I know you have a had a rough week. My guilty pleasure is in-n-out burger at 11:00 am(to beat the lunch rush)

Erin said...

My guilty pleasure? Eating a whole sleeve of Thin Mints while watching a movie. Yeah, I feel a little guilty, but not guilty enough to stop!

I like your blog, by the way. Keep it up!

Hillary said...

My most recent guilty pleasure is a cinnamon raisin bagel smothered with butter and cream cheese (full fat, please!). So good! Dr. Pepper and cheesecake also are top priority on the list. Gotta disagree with the country music, though. ;) Sorry Aaron's under the weather. Hope he's back to normal soon!!

Roney Family said...

You aren't boring at all. I check your blog all the time. I am not the best commenter, but I love your blog. Seems like the hubby has been gone a lot. That is such a bummer. I dont know how you do it.

Lisa Webb said...

okay guilty pleasure: bad reality TV with while munching on a Skor bar. You are so good to not making the McD's run to often. At least once a week I beg derrick to go get me a candy bar from the gas station. He doesn't mind to much cause he ends up getting a crazy energy drink while he's at it (his guilty pleasure) What would life be with out them!

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

Any food that I get from somewhere else and don't have to cook is a guilty pleasure for sure.

Kate @ Our Best Bites said...

Oreos, a big glass of milk, and a People magazine! :)

L said...

LOL!!! I LOVE IT! It makes me want a date with Marcy so I can sing my heart out to all my country favs!

Emily said...

McDonalds? Geesh...you must not have an In N Out around you. he he. Guilty Pleasures??? Hmmm...Target (as you know), sometimes late night shopping online. Did I really say that? How is Carrie? Ready to burst?

Barbara said...

First let me comment on the lurkers - you are so right. It surprises me how many people will randomly call/email me and talk about a post I made on my blog. Old college roommates, former co-works, high school friends!! Do any of them comment? No! :) As for guilty pleasures, mine would have to be 1)Cadbury chocolate, hello mini eggs!! and 2) Wendy's crispy chicken sandwich WITH cheese please!

Aubrey Messick said...

Sorry for lurking. :)

Aubrey Messick said...

PS- My guilty pleasure is those little Dove Promises. I LOVE them!!!

Sara Decker said...

I'm not really a lurker, but i usually hurry and look at peoples posts and then i think..."i will go back later and write a comment when i have time to say more than one word, and then i never find the time." But i do keep up on your blog, and it is not boring. I have too many gulity pleasures, but a bowl of icecream every night while watching reality tv pretty much sums it up!

Emily said...

HEY! I have to say, I agree with the other "Em", McDonalds??? When In & Out is just across the street?!
Well, I'd have to say that mine is getting a "to go" order at California Pizza Kitchen (cheese pizza w/ fresh basil AND a slice of keylime pie) OR In & Out, sitting in my car, eating and listening to political talk radio.

Tracy said...

It's funny because I always want people to comment on my blog, but I don't always comment on other people's blogs. My main reason is because I often don't feel like I have anything to say or comment on.

But, I do have many guilty pleasures. Most of them have already been mentioned, reality TV, icecream, Target, CPK, etc... Oh, and I love Musical Theatre, that is singing along at full volume while driving alone in the car. My most recent favourite since our trip to California is "Wicked", specifically "Defying Gravity" ... So satisfying! I love it!

Hilary said...

I really shouldn't be answering this questions as I am in that wonderful second trimester eating stage. BUT, I have had McDonald's a few times in the past couple of weeks, 2 cheeseburger meal, ate an entire small cheese pizza by myself one Saturday for lunch cause why not, ice cream at night with hot fudge...I really should stop there, mainly for my reputation, mostly cause I'm preggers and have an excuse ;)