Maybe there's a reason my kids were born big?
Spencer was 9 pounds 5 ounces
Leda was 8 pounds 10 ounces (2 weeks early, mind you)
Chase was 9 pounds 14 ounces
Perhaps they are meant to be the future heavyweight champions of the world?? Sure seems like they are heading that direction because I cannot keep them from wrestling with each other! UGH!
No matter how hard I try, they are constantly (and I'm not being dramatic-it's pretty much constant) tackling, jumping and taking each other out! And while it's happening, it's as if they are in the "zone" and don't hear my voice of warning (or my voice at all, really) that someone is going to get hurt. And yes, someone more often than not gets hurt.
I'd say it is mostly the boys who instigate, yes even my 15 month old son instigates a good match. But Leda, even dressed as Belle, can hold her own and fight to the bitter end. They think it's funny. Even if they get hurt, they cry for a bit and are right back at it. Sigh. What's a mom to do? I can't play referee all the live long day! So today I snapped some pictures because I'm sure someday I'll look back at these pictures and think they're cute. But right now all I see is three naughty kids not listening to their mother, and right after these pictures were taken, Spencer got clocked and was crying like a little girl.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

6 comments:
Ha ha! That sounds EXACTLY like life at our house! I might as well put on a referee jersey as soon as I wake up. Glad to know I'm not the only one living in the middle of a hockey game;) Cute pics, Marcy!
I LOVE it! That is exactly how was with me and my 3 brothers. Always wrestling. I have a mean right hook that bruises my own hubby when we play dead arm! No point in trying to stop them (even though I remember getting yelled at by my mom ALL the time), they will do it regardless. Look at it this way, at least your daughter will know how to defend herself and your boys won't be whimpy cry babies! Hang in there!
That's hilarious! You just have to be outside the situation to see the hilarity of it all. :) By the way, I'm making the cayenne chicken on Friday, and I cannot WAIT! :)
That is so awesome. There is none of that going on in our house. I think the girls are too young for there older brother to wrestle with them. And for some reason, the girls wont wrestle. I think they are too worried about their hair. But how fun to have the kids do that. I remember my brother wrestling with us when we were little kids! The love of siblings is so fun!!!!
We seriously need to get our kids together!
Hey Marce, that's funny. I guess I'm lucky because Sam wouldn't dare pick a wrestling fight with either of my girls-he'd lose! Girls can be tough. I love your blog-so cute! Hope you don't mind, I added you to my friends list on my blog:).
Post a Comment